[no subject]

  • From: Tony Bates < >
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 1994 14:47:43 +0100

Marten and I have been working on the PRIDE guide for the last two weeks and
are about to depart for a weeks vacation and would like to take this chance to
get some early comments and feedback to the current draft. Find below a
status of the document explaining the type of comments we would like if possible
and also the state of the document itself. This is also included with the
distributed documentation. Please also read the README that comes with
the distributed documentation.

	All comments gratefully received.

		Regards,

			--Tony and Marten.

STATUS
------
This guide is very much a draft and as you will see some chapters are not even
filled in as of yet (most notably Chapter 3). However, we are looking for
some early feedback. Specifically regarding the big picture rather than things
like spelling errors, grammer, etc. The main focus of comments we need are
on the general structure, Chapter 4,5,6 and 7, in terms of the contents,
layout and what is missing or not particularly clear.
We do of course welcome all comments but try to keep the above in mind.

The plan is to release the first version of the guide (which will be used to
supplement the PRIDE course) within the next 3-4 weeks so your comments at this
stage are much appreciated.

The guide is available from

	ftp.ripe.net:pride/docs/guide-draft-1.0.ps.tar.Z

   or

	ftp.ripe.net:pride/docs/guide-draft-1.0.txt.tar.Z

We strongly advise everyone to take the postscript version as the text one will
not contain the graphics used in the guide.

Please send all comments to pride@localhost