The RIPE Fellowship Programme provides basic assistance for successful candidates in the RIPE NCC service region to participate in a RIPE Meeting.
The purpose of the fellowship is to support successful candidates in their professional or academic career development, allow them to participate in policy discussions, and to network with industry peers and others at the event.
- Work or study in the field of Internet technology or a field relevant to the RIPE community
- Live or work in the RIPE NCC service region (Europe, the Middle East and parts of Central Asia)
- Show need for financial assistance
- Agree to share knowledge gained with local Internet community and/or RIPE community
Funding for the RIPE Fellowship covers:
- Full-week ticket for RIPE Meeting
- Economy travel to/from home country to RIPE Meeting
- Five nights accommodation near the RIPE Meeting venue
The application opens three months before a RIPE Meeting. An internal selection committee will review all applications and contact successful candidates at least six weeks before the RIPE Meeting.
The RIPE NCC will book travel and accommodation for RIPE Fellows. The candidate is responsible for providing all relevant details necessary in a timely manner to our travel team.
If a visa is needed, the RIPE NCC will provide an invitation letter but the candidate is responsible for applying for the visa themselves.