Internet Governance News
- ICANN 55: IANA, Accountability and Public Safety
ICANN 55 was held from 5-10 March 2016 in Marrakech, Morocco, and marked another milestone in the march towards transition of the IANA functions stewardship to the global Internet community. RIPE NCC Executive Board members, staff and RIPE community participants took part in meetings throughout the week, discussing issues ranging from IANA stewardship and the accountability of ICANN to the accuracy of RIR whois databases.
- IPv6 Roadshows Nominated for WSIS Prize – Vote Now!
Vote for the RIPE NCC IPv6 Roadshow to win the WSIS Prize 2016
- RIPE NCC Roundtable Meeting Gathers Regulators and Law Enforcement in Brussels
The RIPE NCC held a Roundtable Meeting for Governments and Regulators on Wednesday, 27 January 2016 in Brussels. The meeting attracted around 50 representatives and public sector representatives from across the RIPE NCC service region.
- IGF 2015: Capping a Triumphant Decade
The Internet Governance Forum held its tenth annual event in the Brazilian city of João Pessoa from 9-13 November. The event drew more than 3,000 participants from a wide range of Internet stakeholder groups, including youth representatives, and more than 6,000 followed the discussions or contributed via remote participation.
- Proposal Regarding IANA Review Committee Selection Process
- EuroDIG 2015: RIPE NCC Report
EuroDIG, the European Dialogue on Internet Governance, held its seventh annual meeting in Sofia, Bulgaria on 4-5 June 2015, attracting around 500 participants for two days of wide-ranging Internet governance discussions.
- Report on the WSIS Forum 2015
More than 1,500 people gathered in Geneva, Switzerland, from 25-29 May for the tenth annual WSIS (World Summit on the Information Society) Forum.
- IANA Stewardship on the Agenda at RIPE NCC Roundtable Lunch for Governments and Regulators
Following on from many successful Roundtable Meetings for Governments and Regulators, the RIPE NCC organised a Roundtable Lunch for public sector participants adjacent to the RIPE 70 Meeting in Amsterdam on Thursday, 14 May 2015.
- Report on the Global Conference on Cyberspace (GCCS) 2015
Report on Global Conference on Cyberspace (GCCS) 2015
- Report on the 2015 Russian IGF
The sixth annual Russian Internet Governance Forum (IGF) was held on 7 April 2015 in Moscow, Russia. The meeting attracted over 500 participants and focused on Internet governance and regulation, as well as the technical, political and economic aspects of ICT development.