Re: DANTE CERT Service

  • To: "Claus Kalle" < >
  • From: Lars-Johan Liman < >
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 12:59:55 +0100
  • Cc:
    poole@localhost (Simon Poole),

Claus Kalle Kalle@localhost:
> My impression is that the role of providing neutral ground for
> organizations like CERTs should/can be taken over by federations
> like EurOpen for Europe and the respective national groups like
> EurOpen.SE (Sweden), GUUG (Germany), NLUUG (The Netherlands) & UKUUG
> (United Kingdom) and the others.

Would that really be a good idea? Those organisations are to my
knowledge purely Unix oriented. Would they be very interested in
pursuing security problems with VAX/VMS, MS Windows and MacOS? No, it
has to be an independent organisation. Actually, it shouldn't even be
related to networking, but to *computing*!

				Best regards,
				  /Liman
# Lars-Johan Liman			 ! Internet: liman@localhost
# Ebone/NORDUnet/SUNET Operations Centre ! BITNET  : LIMAN@localhost
# Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden	 ! HTTP    : //www.sunet.se/~liman/
#					 ! Voice   : Int +46 8 - 790 65 60