[myastesting] Re: myAS: 128.142.0.0/16

  • To: Paolo Moroni < >
  • From: Maximo Alves < >
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:42:08 +0200
  • Cc: Matthew Williams < >

Hi Paolo,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 10:30:44AM +0200, Paolo Moroni wrote:
>   Good morning.
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Maximo Alves wrote:
> > Fill free to set 128.142.0.0./16 again. Actually I encourage you to do
>    I have done so end of last week, but I see no new alarms (nor I received
> e-mails, which would be very valuable, since I can't afford polling the
> myAS page for alarms). Bug or feature?
I am not 100% sure yet. Last week there was a breakdown on the machine that
runs myAS backend software so I could not investigate this bug. I will try
to answer you properly until the end of this week.

> > >In general, how is an alarm canceled?
> > There two important things here:
> > 1 - An active alarm event(displayed in RED on the status page) might be
> > canceled by a Withdraw to become inactive(BLACK). On both cases the alarm
> > is still stored in the database so you can see it on the alarm status page.
>    Does the "CLOSEUP_ORIGIN" (in the case of the origin alarm) button do
> the actual withdrawal (red-->black)?

No, it prints the last BGP message associated to the selected alarm event. In case
of a 'BLACK' alarm it will be a withdraw message. In case of a 'RED' alarm it will
be a announcement message.

Regards,

Maximo.