Minutes and Slides from yesterday's meeting

  • To:
    < >
  • From: "Henk Uijterwaal \(RIPE-NCC\)" < >
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:26:18 +0200 (CEST)
  • Cc: NCC Webmaster < >

Dear All,

Below you'll find the minutes from yesterdays meeting and pointers to the
slides.

Henk

Test Traffic Working Group Draft Minutes
Wednesday, Sept 11, 2002, 09:00-12:30
Chair:     Henk Uijterwaal
Scribe:    Olaf Kolkman
Attendees: +/- 30

A. Administrativia

    Note, Spam filters:
    Only mail from subscribes will get through, post of
    non-subscribers will not be seen by humans

  + Minutes from RIPE42 were approved.

B - TTM, Status and Plans (Henk Uijterwaal/RIPE NCC)

    Slides available on the RIPE Meeting Website
    http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/archive/ripe-43/presentations/ripe43-ttm-status

    No questions or comments.

C - TTM data analysis (Rene Wilhelm/RIPE NCC)

    Slides available on the RIPE Meeting Web site
    http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/archive/ripe-43/presentations/ripe43-tt-analysis

    No questions

D - Bandwidth Measurement Update (Henk Uijterwaal/RIPE NCC)

    Slides available on the RIPE Meeting Web site
    http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/archive/ripe-43/presentations/ripe43-ttm-bandwith

    Discussion with Emmanuel Tychon and Ruediger Volk.
      It's probably not possible to use IP options and work around the
      problem that causes routers to use a different process queue.
      The socket 'hack' will be needed.

E - Evaluate Network  Performance with CISCO Service Assurance Agent
    (Emmanuel Tychon/CISCO)

    Based on EOF tutorial Slides that are available from the web.
    [URL]

    Many of the slides where skipped. Focus on SAA functionality and
    possibilities.

    Comments based on questions from audience:

      * Unsynchronized clocks are recognized by setting a 10%
        threshold, this assumes symmetric routing.

      * Numerous products available for graphical analysis of the
        material.

      *  No support for IPv6, no ETA for IPv6.

F - Topics for RIPE 44

G - AOB

     No other business.

Henk Uijterwaal                    Email: henk.uijterwaal@localhost
RIPE Network Coordination Centre     WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
Singel 258                         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1016 AB Amsterdam                    Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands                   Mobile: +31.6.55861746