National NICs sought for Network Number Assignments

  • To:
  • From: Juha Heinanen < >
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1992 11:42:35 +0300
  • Cc:

   Juha, I don't understand, does this mean you do not have a national
   NIC ? Who coordinates all this !!

to my understanding, yes, it does mean that we don't have a national
NIC.  we haven't set up such a mechnaism yet.  most likely it would
mean that those who are no customers of any of the finnish service
providers should have to pay for the establishement of the NIC.
coordination among the service providers has been done by bilateral
agreements in those cases where trafic has been exchanged.  you must
understand that there are many competing service providers which makes
the situation tricky.

-- juha