Digital Billing


RIPE Database Search

By pressing the "Search" button you explicitly express your agreement with the RIPE Database Terms and Conditions.

Service Announcements
  • All of our services are operating normally.
Check Service Announcements

FAQ: Becoming a Member

Show or Hide answer How do I become a Local Internet Registry (LIR)?

If you want to become an LIR, you need to fill in our online membership application form.

Before you send us your application, read the following documents carefully:

Show or Hide answer What happens during the application and set-up process?

New LIR Flowchart

Show or Hide answer How long will it take to become an LIR?

Within two working days of receiving your application form, we will send you all the necessary documents by courier or by registered mail for Dutch applicants. We will set-up your LIR and confirm your membership when we receive:

  • your signed contract
  • a copy of your company's registration papers
  • payment of your membership fee

The duration of this process depends on the time you need to return the signed paperwork and to pay the invoice. On average you can become an LIR within two to three weeks.

Show or Hide answer What kind of information do I need to complete the online membership application form?
  • The full legal company name. This is the name that is shown on official company registration papers, if applicable including the 'legal form', for example: Limited, GmbH, BV, S.A., S.R.L. etc.
  • The address of your registered office:
    We cannot accept a 'PO Box' number.
    This address must be the same as the one that appears on your registration papers.
  • The company postal address - This is where we will send all mail
  • The company billing address - This is where we will send your invoices
  • The company phone number, fax number and e-mail address(es)
  • The names of the people in your company that will act as the 'contact people' for the LIR
  • A list of the countries in which your company will be providing services
  • The name of the 'Chamber of Commerce' (or equivalent office) where your company is registered, for example: Companies House, Kamer van Koophandel, etc.
  • The name of the person who will sign the LIR contract. This is the 'authorised representative' of your company.
  • If your organisation is registered in the EU, we will need the VAT number that is registered to your organisation with the local tax authority, including the international code. This VAT number must be registered to the organisation applying for RIPE NCC membership.


You will be asked to create a RIPE NCC Access account for the LIR Portal. This account holder will be able to assign admin and user privileges for accessing the LIR Portal.
Click here to create a RIPE NCC Access account.
Click here for more information about the LIR Portal.

You will also be asked to enter the name of at least one "LIR Contact". Only the people named here will be authorised to submit requests for Internet number resources by email.

Show or Hide answer What legal documents do I need when I sign up for services?

Your authorised representative will need to sign and return one copy of the RIPE NCC Standard Service Agreement.

We will also need to see proof that your business is registered with the authorities in your country. We will usually ask you to send us a copy of an extract from the commercial trade register (or equivalent) in your country.

If you cannot supply this, we will also accept the following documents as proof:

  • A copy of a founding document or charter signed by an authorised person
  • For academic institutions, a signed extract from the official journal of laws from your country
  • For ministries, an official declaration on company letterhead signed by an authorised person, declaring the status and existence of the institute
  • For individual applications, a copy of your passport

We prefer to receive these documents in English. However, we will accept them in your local language if an English version is not available.

Show or Hide answer I have been an LIR in the past and I would like to re-open. What should I do?
  • If you want to reopen your old account and use the same registry identifier (RegID), contact our billing department by sending an email to billing _at_ ripe _dot_ net. We will send you an invoice that covers both the re-opening fee and the service fee for the current year in addition to any outstanding invoices.

If you have any further questions about requesting Internet number resources, you can contact us by sending an email to lir-help _at_ ripe _dot_ net. Please include your RegID in all emails to us.