[connect-bof] Connect BOF initial Topic list

Nigel Titley nigel at titley.com
Wed Oct 23 11:43:26 CEST 2013

On 23/10/2013 09:58, Andy Davidson wrote:
> Hi, Carsten --
>
>> I'd assume that you have "Autorité de Régulation des
>> Communications Électroniques et des Postes" in mind
>> for the acronym ARCEP - the French independent administrative
>> Authority in charge of Post and Electronic Communications.
>> If so: what is their regulation (efforts) that might affect
>> interconnection as you mention ARCEP explicitly?
> https://ripe64.ripe.net/presentations/103-RIPE_64_ARCEP_panel.pdf
>
> https://ripe64.ripe.net/presentations/104-2012-04-16_-_ARCEP's_decision.pdf
>
> tl;dr = Registration of interconnections may be required.  Industry says that this would be a huge disincentive to peer.  Be (possibly) afraid.

It sounds frightening but it hasn't been a huge amount of work for us.
And to be frank we aren't telling them a lot more than they could find
out themselves by getting a collection to Renesys, looking at the RIPE
database and looking at PeeringDB

And if it helps them to go after some of the european monopolists then
I'm all for it

Nigel