About RIPE Meetings
|The next RIPE Meeting takes place in Budapest from 8 - 12 May 2017.|
A RIPE Meeting is a five-day event where Internet service providers, network operators and other interested parties from around the world gather to:
- Participate in discussions about the policies and procedures used by the RIPE NCC to allocate Internet number resources
- Participate in the RIPE Working Group sessions to discuss current technical and policy issues
- Share experiences, latest developments and best common practices
- Develop their network of peers in the Internet community
- Meet at lunches, coffee breaks and informal social events
RIPE Meetings are open to everyone. They bring together people from different backgrounds, cultures, beliefs and genders. The RIPE community is unique and prides itself on providing a safe, supportive and respectful environment.
Registration and Meeting Fees
Registration opens about three months before the start of the meeting. You can register directly via the meeting website.
- Full-week ticket - EUR 350
- Day-ticket - EUR 125
- Student ticket (full week) - EUR 50 (student ID must be shown)
All prices include VAT.
If you can't attend a RIPE Meeting in person, you can participate remotely.
Presenters, working group chairs and RIPE Programme Committee members pay to attend the RIPE Meetings just like all other attendees. In extraordinary circumstances, the RIPE Chair can waive the meeting fee for presenters. These requests are dealt with on a case-by-case basis via pc _at_ ripe _dot_ net.
The RIPE Fellowship Programme also provides basic assistance for successful candidates from the RIPE NCC service region to attend RIPE Meetings.
You might require a visa for travel to a RIPE Meeting. This depends on the country where the RIPE Meeting is held and your own country's international travel regulations.
You will need to check if you need a visa to travel to a RIPE Meeting. Visa applications can take quite a long time, so you need to apply for one well in advance. You can request an invitation letter when completing the online registration for the meeting.