The RIPE 45 Meeting took place from 12-16 May 2003 at Hotel Fira Palace in Barcelona, Spain.
There were a total of 322 attendees comprised of the RIPE NCC membership, the RIPE community and government representatives. Attendees also included representatives from APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC and ICANN.
- the open discussion during the Plenary on the services of the RIPE NCC;
- an ICANN update by Paul Twomey, President and CEO of ICANN;
- the proposal to split and rename the LIR Working Group into the RIPE NCC Services Working Group and the Address Policy Working Group;
- the deactivation of the Tools and NetNews Working Groups;
- and the second phase of RIPE Meeting webcast trials.