In your application form, you will be asked to describe your project, provide the amount of funding you'll need and how it will be spent, and give a detailed explanation of how your project benefits the Internet.
The call for applications for the RIPE NCC Community Projects Fund 2023 has closed.
Please note that you will be redirected to the FundPro websiteto submit your application.
The idea behind the RIPE NCC Community Projects Fund was originally proposed to RIPE NCC members as a potential "good of the Internet" initiative during the RIPE NCC General Meeting November 2014 and received initial support at that time. It received further support in subsequent years and is included in the RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget for each year that a call for applications is issued.
- A project can be funded more than once
- There is no minimum amount of funding that must be disbursed each year
- There is no limit on the number of projects that can be funded per year
- Funding may be used to purchase equipment, but this cannot be the sole expenditure
- Funding cannot be used for humanitarian aid, donations, or to encourage political reform
- Funding cannot be used to provide scholarships or cover tuition fees
- Funding cannot be used to support any form of commercial activity
Conditions for applicants
- Any individual or organisation may apply for the RIPE NCC Community Projects Fund for a project that is of justifiable benefit to the Internet, with preference to be given to projects of particular benefit to the RIPE community.
- The Selection Committee, chosen by the RIPE NCC Executive Board, has the sole discretion to make the decision on what project(s) and for what amount the project(s) will receive funding. This decision is non-reversible. There is no minimum or maximum to the amount of funding, funding per project or projects that will receive funding per year.
- Applicants may apply as many times as they want for different projects per year. The same project may be funded more than once, but not in the same year.
- Applicants must complete the online application form and provide full and accurate information regarding their project in order to apply for funding. If after completing the online application any changes arise regarding the application, the RIPE NCC must be informed as soon as possible.
- Applicants will need to include a full budget breakdown of how the funding from the RIPE NCC Community Projects Fund will be spent and must demonstrate the project's feasibility in terms of cost, procedures, time and available resources.
- The RIPE NCC may request applicants to provide more details or modify any part of the application at any time during the selection process.
- The funding shall only be used for the project and cannot be used for, or redirected to, humanitarian aid, donations, political reforms, scholarships, tuition fees or any form of commercial activity. Part of the funding may be used to purchase equipment, but this cannot be the sole expenditure.
- Applications received by email will not be processed.
- Completing the online application form does not give any rights to being selected for funding.
- Part of the selection procedure will be an extensive screening of the applicant, this may include a financial or criminal record check.
- The RIPE NCC will collect, use and process all information and personal data provided to the RIPE NCC for the purpose of applying for the RIPE NCC Community Projects Fund in accordance with the Dutch and European Data laws and regulations. For more information see RIPE NCC Privacy Statement.
- The selected applicants shall be asked to sign an agreement with the RIPE NCC regarding the funding and shall agree to The RIPE NCC Community Projects Fund Terms and Conditions.
For more information, email [email protected].