Skip to main content

How to Request an IPv6 Allocation

What You Will Need

Before you can request IPv6 addresses, you need to become a RIPE NCC memberand open your Local Internet Registry (LIR) account. As part of this process, you will create a secure RIPE NCC Access account that allows you to request IP addresses and AS Numbers and maintain your LIR’s information. See the page on Provider Independent (PI) Assignments if you need IPv6 and you are not a member.

Allocation Size

The minimum allocation size is a /32. However, you can request up to a /29 without providing any additional justification. If you need an allocation bigger than a /29, refer to this page.

The Steps You Will Need To Take

Once you’ve clicked the button below to request IPv6 resources, we will ask you to provide us with some information:

  • The type of request (an IPv6 allocation to provide services to your customers, or an assignment on behalf of someone else)
  • The people with responsibility for your LIR and number resources, and a "maintainer object" which prevents other people from changing your registration information in the RIPE Database
  • Confirmation that you will use the addresses to make assignments (in the case of IPv6 allocations)
  • Confirmation that the addresses will be used on a network with an active element in our service region

Once you submit the request, a ticket will be opened, and we will contact you within one working day. In some cases, we will ask for additional supporting information.

Request IPv6
(authentication required)

If you operate a lot of RIPE NCC memberships and would like to automate the request process, you can use Resource Request API.

Get Support for your IPv6 Request

If you have any questions before you submit your IPv6 request, you can use the contact form to send us a message – we’ll be happy to help.