RIPE Atlas

[atlas] Request for credits for research

User Image

Nitinder Mohan

2020-09-24 00:02:13 CET

Dear RIPE community,

I hope you are all safe and sound.

I am a Postdoctoral fellow at the Technical University of Munich, Germany. We are currently working on an ongoing research project which aims to analyze the availability and reachability of cloud data centers globally. The first work of our work will appear in ACM HotNets 2020 titled "Pruning Edge Research with Latency Shears" (http://conferences.sigcomm.org/hotnets/2020/program.html). We are currently preparing the camera-ready version of the paper and will share it with the community by hosting it (and the associated dataset) publicly soon.

We are currently planing to submit the second leg of our work to a conference with submission deadline a month. In order to complete all set of measurements for required analysis, we are scheduling very large-scale measurements over the platform which has burned through almost all our credits and left us in need. I have always found the RIPE Atlas community to be helpful and generous towards research and I am hoping that you could support our research by donating us some of your spare credits. Your help will be highly appreciated.

My RIPE account is nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi

Thanks and Regards

Nitinder Mohan

Postdoctoral Fellow

Technical University of Munich, Germany

https://www.nitindermohan.com/
User Image

Kim Johnsson

2020-09-24 00:09:51 CET

Just sent 10 million your way, I'm not using them anyway.

/Kim Johnsson

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 12:02 AM Mohan, Nitinder <nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi>
wrote:

> Dear RIPE community,
>
> I hope you are all safe and sound.
>
> I am a Postdoctoral fellow at the Technical University of Munich, Germany.
> We are currently working on an ongoing research project which aims to
> analyze the availability and reachability of cloud data centers globally.
> The first work of our work will appear in ACM HotNets 2020 titled "Pruning
> Edge Research with Latency Shears" (
> http://conferences.sigcomm.org/hotnets/2020/program.html). We are
> currently preparing the camera-ready version of the paper and will share it
> with the community by hosting it (and the associated dataset) publicly soon.
>
> We are currently planing to submit the second leg of our work to a
> conference with submission deadline a month. In order to complete all set
> of measurements for required analysis, we are scheduling very large-scale
> measurements over the platform which has burned through almost all our
> credits and left us in need. I have always found the RIPE Atlas community
> to be helpful and generous towards research and I am hoping that you could
> support our research by donating us some of your spare credits. Your help
> will be highly appreciated.
>
> My RIPE account is nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi
>
> Thanks and Regards
>

> Nitinder Mohan
>
> Postdoctoral Fellow
>
> Technical University of Munich, Germany
>
> https://www.nitindermohan.com/

Daniel AJ Sokolov

2020-09-24 00:19:17 CET

Sent you 42 million credits.

Best wishes from heise.de
Daniel AJ

On 2020-09-23 at 3:02 p.m., Mohan, Nitinder wrote:
> Dear RIPE community,
>
> I hope you are all safe and sound.
>
> I am a Postdoctoral fellow at the Technical University of Munich, Germany. We are currently working on an ongoing research project which aims to analyze the availability and reachability of cloud data centers globally. The first work of our work will appear in ACM HotNets 2020 titled "Pruning Edge Research with Latency Shears" (http://conferences.sigcomm.org/hotnets/2020/program.html). We are currently preparing the camera-ready version of the paper and will share it with the community by hosting it (and the associated dataset) publicly soon.
>
> We are currently planing to submit the second leg of our work to a conference with submission deadline a month. In order to complete all set of measurements for required analysis, we are scheduling very large-scale measurements over the platform which has burned through almost all our credits and left us in need. I have always found the RIPE Atlas community to be helpful and generous towards research and I am hoping that you could support our research by donating us some of your spare credits. Your help will be highly appreciated.
>
> My RIPE account is nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi
>

> Thanks and Regards
>

> Nitinder Mohan
>
> Postdoctoral Fellow
>
> Technical University of Munich, Germany
>
> https://www.nitindermohan.com/

User Image

Michael Oghia

2020-09-24 06:32:13 CET

And another 8 million from me, good luck!

Best,
-Michael
__________________

Michael J. Oghia | Advocacy & Engagement Manager
Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD )
Belgrade, Serbia (UTC+2) | Twitter  |
LinkedIn
GPG: E95D 2127 0D45 77D3 4D43 4D5A E3BA 6F23 301D 7082

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 12:19 AM Daniel AJ Sokolov <
listclient _at_ sokolov.eu _dot_ org> wrote:

> Sent you 42 million credits.
>
> Best wishes from heise.de
> Daniel AJ
>

> On 2020-09-23 at 3:02 p.m., Mohan, Nitinder wrote:
> > Dear RIPE community,
> >
> > I hope you are all safe and sound.
> >
> > I am a Postdoctoral fellow at the Technical University of Munich,
> Germany. We are currently working on an ongoing research project which aims
> to analyze the availability and reachability of cloud data centers
> globally. The first work of our work will appear in ACM HotNets 2020 titled
> "Pruning Edge Research with Latency Shears" (
> http://conferences.sigcomm.org/hotnets/2020/program.html). We are
> currently preparing the camera-ready version of the paper and will share it
> with the community by hosting it (and the associated dataset) publicly soon.
> >
> > We are currently planing to submit the second leg of our work to a
> conference with submission deadline a month. In order to complete all set
> of measurements for required analysis, we are scheduling very large-scale
> measurements over the platform which has burned through almost all our
> credits and left us in need. I have always found the RIPE Atlas community
> to be helpful and generous towards research and I am hoping that you could
> support our research by donating us some of your spare credits. Your help
> will be highly appreciated.
> >
> > My RIPE account is nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi
> >

> > Thanks and Regards
> >

> > Nitinder Mohan
> >
> > Postdoctoral Fellow
> >
> > Technical University of Munich, Germany
> >
> > https://www.nitindermohan.com/

User Image

Gerdriaan Mulder

2020-09-24 10:21:42 CET

Sent 10 million as well. Enjoy!

On 24/09/2020 00:02, Mohan, Nitinder wrote:
> Dear RIPE community,
>
> I hope you are all safe and sound.
>
> I am a Postdoctoral fellow at the Technical University of Munich,
> Germany. We are currently working on an ongoing research project which
> aims to analyze the availability and reachability of cloud data centers
> globally. The first work of our work will appear in ACM HotNets 2020
> titled "Pruning Edge Research with Latency Shears"
> (http://conferences.sigcomm.org/hotnets/2020/program.html). We are
> currently preparing the camera-ready version of the paper and will share
> it with the community by hosting it (and the associated dataset)
> publicly soon.
>
> We are currently planing to submit the second leg of our work to a
> conference with submission deadline a month. In order to complete all
> set of measurements for required analysis, we are scheduling very
> large-scale measurements over the platform which has burned through
> almost all our credits and left us in need. I have always found the RIPE
> Atlas community to be helpful and generous towards research and I am
> hoping that you could support our research by donating us some of your
> spare credits. Your help will be highly appreciated.
>
> My RIPE account is nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi
>
> Thanks and Regards
>

> Nitinder Mohan
>
> Postdoctoral Fellow
>
> Technical University of Munich, Germany
>
> https://www.nitindermohan.com/

User Image

Stephan Mueller

2020-09-24 11:14:42 CET

Very cool. I top that of with 74M. Looking forward to the results!

> Am 24.09.2020 um 10:21 schrieb Gerdriaan Mulder <ripe _at_ moeilijklastig _dot_ nl>:
>
> Sent 10 million as well. Enjoy!
>
> On 24/09/2020 00:02, Mohan, Nitinder wrote:
>> Dear RIPE community,
>>
>> I hope you are all safe and sound.
>>
>> I am a Postdoctoral fellow at the Technical University of Munich,
>> Germany. We are currently working on an ongoing research project which
>> aims to analyze the availability and reachability of cloud data centers
>> globally. The first work of our work will appear in ACM HotNets 2020
>> titled "Pruning Edge Research with Latency Shears"
>> (http://conferences.sigcomm.org/hotnets/2020/program.html). We are
>> currently preparing the camera-ready version of the paper and will share
>> it with the community by hosting it (and the associated dataset)
>> publicly soon.
>>
>> We are currently planing to submit the second leg of our work to a
>> conference with submission deadline a month. In order to complete all
>> set of measurements for required analysis, we are scheduling very
>> large-scale measurements over the platform which has burned through
>> almost all our credits and left us in need. I have always found the RIPE
>> Atlas community to be helpful and generous towards research and I am
>> hoping that you could support our research by donating us some of your
>> spare credits. Your help will be highly appreciated.
>>
>> My RIPE account is nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>>

>> Nitinder Mohan
>>
>> Postdoctoral Fellow
>>
>> Technical University of Munich, Germany
>>
>> https://www.nitindermohan.com/

User Image

Richard Havern

2020-09-24 11:18:23 CET

GÉANT is always happy to support research within the community, we have transferred 100M credits to your account.

Good luck.
Rick

[...]

My RIPE account is nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ finitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi>

Thanks and Regards

Nitinder Mohan

Postdoctoral Fellow

Technical University of Munich, Germany

https://www.nitindermohan.com/
User Image

Carsten Schiefner

2020-09-24 11:21:25 CET

Dear Nitinder,

have some additional 20M - happy researching!

Best,

	-C.

On 24.09.2020 00:02, Mohan, Nitinder wrote:
> Dear RIPE community,
>
> I hope you are all safe and sound.
>
> I am a Postdoctoral fellow at the Technical University of Munich,
> Germany. We are currently working on an ongoing research project which
> aims to analyze the availability and reachability of cloud data centers
> globally. The first work of our work will appear in ACM HotNets 2020
> titled "Pruning Edge Research with Latency Shears"
> (http://conferences.sigcomm.org/hotnets/2020/program.html
> ). We are
> currently preparing the camera-ready version of the paper and will share
> it with the community by hosting it (and the associated dataset)
> publicly soon.
>
> We are currently planing to submit the second leg of our work to a
> conference with submission deadline a month. In order to complete all
> set of measurements for required analysis, we are scheduling very
> large-scale measurements over the platform which has burned through
> almost all our credits and left us in need. I have always found the RIPE
> Atlas community to be helpful and generous towards research and I am
> hoping that you could support our research by donating us some of your
> spare credits. Your help will be highly appreciated.
>
> My RIPE account is nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi
>
> Thanks and Regards
>

> Nitinder Mohan
>
> Postdoctoral Fellow
>
> Technical University of Munich, Germany
>
> https://www.nitindermohan.com/

User Image

colin johnston

2020-09-24 11:22:00 CET

30 million transferred from UK folks

> On 23 Sep 2020, at 23:02, Mohan, Nitinder <nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi> wrote:
>
> Dear RIPE community,
>
> I hope you are all safe and sound.
>
> I am a Postdoctoral fellow at the Technical University of Munich, Germany. We are currently working on an ongoing research project which aims to analyze the availability and reachability of cloud data centers globally. The first work of our work will appear in ACM HotNets 2020 titled "Pruning Edge Research with Latency Shears" (http://conferences.sigcomm.org/hotnets/2020/program.html ). We are currently preparing the camera-ready version of the paper and will share it with the community by hosting it (and the associated dataset) publicly soon.
>
> We are currently planing to submit the second leg of our work to a conference with submission deadline a month. In order to complete all set of measurements for required analysis, we are scheduling very large-scale measurements over the platform which has burned through almost all our credits and left us in need. I have always found the RIPE Atlas community to be helpful and generous towards research and I am hoping that you could support our research by donating us some of your spare credits. Your help will be highly appreciated.
>
> My RIPE account is nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi>
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Nitinder Mohan
> Postdoctoral Fellow
> Technical University of Munich, Germany
>  https://www.nitindermohan.com/
User Image

Laurent DURU

2020-09-24 11:33:19 CET

Hello,

30M more from France, all our support for your research

Best regards,

Laurent

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 12:02 AM Mohan, Nitinder <nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ finitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi>> wrote:
[...]

Grzegorz Ponikierski A

2020-09-24 11:46:45 CET

50M from me. Waiting for paper ;)

Regards,
Grzegorz

From: "Mohan, Nitinder" <nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi>
Date: Thursday 2020-09-24 at 00:02
To: "ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net" <ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net>

[...]

quattroSEC GmbH

2020-09-24 18:22:01 CET

50M from us, we looking forward to the results!

[...]

Fadloe Robby

2020-09-25 02:14:08 CET

Dear Nitinder,

10M, I am very happy to be able to assist your research

Pada tanggal Kam, 24 Sep 2020 pukul 06.02 Mohan, Nitinder <

--
Thank you for your consideration.
Best regards,

Tommaso Ravaglioli

2020-09-25 10:30:41 CET

Sent 5 millions.

Tommaso

Il giorno gio 24 set 2020 alle ore 00:02 Mohan, Nitinder
<nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi> ha scritto:

> Dear RIPE community,
>
> I hope you are all safe and sound.
>
> I am a Postdoctoral fellow at the Technical University of Munich, Germany. We are currently working on an ongoing research project which aims to analyze the availability and reachability of cloud data centers globally. The first work of our work will appear in ACM HotNets 2020 titled "Pruning Edge Research with Latency Shears" (http://conferences.sigcomm.org/hotnets/2020/program.html). We are currently preparing the camera-ready version of the paper and will share it with the community by hosting it (and the associated dataset) publicly soon.
>
> We are currently planing to submit the second leg of our work to a conference with submission deadline a month. In order to complete all set of measurements for required analysis, we are scheduling very large-scale measurements over the platform which has burned through almost all our credits and left us in need. I have always found the RIPE Atlas community to be helpful and generous towards research and I am hoping that you could support our research by donating us some of your spare credits. Your help will be highly appreciated.
>
> My RIPE account is nitinder.mohan _at_ helsinki _dot_ fi
>
> Thanks and Regards
>

> Nitinder Mohan
>
> Postdoctoral Fellow
>
> Technical University of Munich, Germany
>
> https://www.nitindermohan.com/

User Image

Nitinder Mohan

2020-09-25 13:58:42 CET

Hi everyone,

Thanks all for your kind donations. Hopefully, we have accumulated enough credits to complete all our intended measurements.

As promised, we will surely report the results and datasets of our research.

Best Regards

Nitinder Mohan

Postdoctoral Fellow

[...]

2020-09-25 14:40:58 CET

It's our pleasure Nitinder, just let us know if you need more. And good
luck!

Best,
-Michael