Database Working Group

[db-wg] Removing the Legacy Status "remarks" attribute

User Image

Ed Shryane

Dear Colleagues,

As presented during the DB-WG session at RIPE 79, we plan to remove the legacy status "remarks" attribute from inetnum and aut-num objects in the RIPE database.

This remark was added to LEGACY resources in 2015, when implementing the policy 2012-07 "RIPE NCC Services to Legacy Internet Resource Holders” [0].

The remark states: "For information on "status:" attribute read https://www.ripe.net/data-tools/db/faq/faq-status-values-legacy-resources”

We now consider this remark to be obsolete, and have already performed a similar cleanup on (most) aut-num objects in August 2017.

We plan to shortly remove this remark from approximately 19,059 inetnum and 15 aut-num objects, and will email affected maintainers before and after the change.

Please let me know of any feedback or questions you may have.

Regards
Ed Shryane
RIPE NCC

[0] https://www.ripe.net/participate/policies/proposals/2012-07
User Image

Ed Shryane

Dear Colleagues,

Tomorrow (Wednesday, 4th December), we will remove the legacy status "remarks" attribute from inetnum and aut-num objects (see below for more information).

We will notify the DB-WG again once this is complete.

Regards
Ed Shryane
RIPE NCC