RIPE NCC in the News
- Why You Should Take IPv6 Seriously (techradar.pro)
RIPE NCC chief says don't ignore the new internet protocol (Source: techradar.pro).
- One Year Later: Who's Doing What With IPv6? (CircleID)
One year on from the World IPv6 Launch in June 2012, we wanted to see how much progress has been made towards the goal of global IPv6 deployment. (Source: CircleID).
- Syria Falls Off the Internet Again (The Inquirer)
Web reporting companies have done what they did on 8 May and reported that the internet in Syria has flatlined. (Source: The Inquirer).
- UK Unlikely to Ever Suffer Major Web Outage (V3.co.uk)
Access to the internet is a vital part of a nation’s economic and social life. Yet with web issues hitting Syria again, and Egypt's connectivity problems earlier this year when divers sabotaged an undersea cable, countries are at risk from being cut off entirely. (Source: V3.co.uk).
- Winning the Internet Capacity Challenge (Tech World)
2012 was a big year for Europe - the eyes of the world were fixated on the continent as a number of high-profile events dominated the headlines. Internet infrastructure was adapted to meet the demands, but what happened once the events were over, and what role have start-ups played in utilising the supporting infrastructure? (Source: Tech World).
- Networks Announcing IPv6 Over Time: A Short Update (CircleID)
We regularly check the status of IPv6 deployment in the RIPE NCC service region, and in other service regions as well. One way to measure IPv6 deployment is to look at the percentage of networks announcing IPv6 prefixes and follow the developments over time. (Source: CircleID).
- IP Management and the Future of BYOD, Top Tips on IPv6 for Businesses (thedatachain)
Axel Pawlik, Managing Director, RIPE NCC explains how to make sure your business is ready for IPv6. (Source: thedatachain).
- Casting a Net Across the Middle East (Telecoms.com)
The Internet is an incredible resource for growth and innovation; it sparks creativity and connects people across the world, whilst supporting the global economy. (Source: Telecoms.com).
- 1000th /22 Allocated From the Last /22 (CircleID)
Last week, we made our 1000th allocation from the final /8 and five months after reaching this point, we can report back on what we've seen so far. (Source: CircleID).
- The Great Internet Population Boom: Looking for the Next Trillion Connections (IT Pro Portal)
While it used to be that an Internet-enabled device was a desktop-based terminal, we’re seeing an explosion in everything from smartphones and tablets, to watches, TVs and even fridges. This steady march of progress and innovation means an ever-increasing number of technologies are becoming Internet enabled. (Source: IT Pro Portal).