RIPE NCC in the News
- Networks Related topics Cisco, ipv6, Iot, Bt DeSENSORtised: Why the 'Internet of Things' will FAIL without IPv6
What's stopping a tinyputer invasion? An IP address shortage, says Cisco. (Source: The Register).
- RIPE NCC Opens Regional Office in Dubai
The RIPE Network Coordination Centre (RIPE NCC), one of the five global Regional Internet Registries (RIRs), officially opened its regional office in Dubai on 31 March 2014. By expanding its presence in the Middle East, the RIPE NCC hopes to meet increased demand for region-specific support in an area experiencing continuous growth in the Internet and related fields. (Source: Zawya).
- Smart homes and cities - when will it happen?
The massive forecasts around smart home revenues may not be realised unless steps are taken worldwide to deploy IPv6. (Source: Information Age).
- Protecting the Future of the Internet
In 2013 the issue of Internet privacy was thrown into the spotlight, with the revelations that some governments have actively sanctioned certain spy agencies to intercept user data. These actions clearly go against the internet's founding principles of openness and freedom. (Source: TechRadar Pro).
- PS4 and Xbox One Pose Major Problems for Internet Providers
As Sony's Playstation 4 launched midnight today in the UK, there are some potential pitfalls that mean consumers might not get the most out of their systems unless they carefully consider their home network. (Source: Forbes)
- Failing to Upgrade to IPv6 Will Destroy Future Internet and Smartphone Innovation (IT Pro Portal)
If you're a business or a consumer buying an Internet connected device, be sure to ask if it is IPv6-ready. By not deploying IPv6 now, we risk hindering future innovation by limiting the number of devices that can be connected to the Internet, and the Internet of things, which we have great expectations for, will never become a reality. (Source: IT Pro Portal)
- IT Life: Supporting the Wonder of the Internet (Tech Week Europe)
It takes a lot of nurture to keep Europe’s Internet going, says RIPE NCC’s Axel Pawlik (Source: Tech Week Europe).
- Why You Should Take IPv6 Seriously (techradar.pro)
RIPE NCC chief says don't ignore the new internet protocol (Source: techradar.pro).
- One Year Later: Who's Doing What With IPv6? (CircleID)
One year on from the World IPv6 Launch in June 2012, we wanted to see how much progress has been made towards the goal of global IPv6 deployment. (Source: CircleID).
- Syria Falls Off the Internet Again (The Inquirer)
Web reporting companies have done what they did on 8 May and reported that the internet in Syria has flatlined. (Source: The Inquirer).