You are here: Home > Get Support > Documentation > Quarterly Planning > Business Applications > Archived Plans

Archived Plans

You can find our plans from previous quarters along with requests from the community on this page. We are updating this page at the end of each quarter.


Q2 2022 Plans and Community Input

Plans
Item Activity Description
1 Ticketing system improvements

Work continues in Q3 2022.

We are proactively monitoring changes in the business structure of our members by leveraging on external data sources (i.e. Altares Dun & Bradstreet).

2 Monitoring registry accuracy

Work continues in Q3 2022.

We are proactively monitoring changes in the business structure of our members by leveraging on external data sources (i.e. Altares Dun & Bradstreet).

3 Digital identification services

Work started in Q1 2022 and was put on hold in Q2 2022 due to shifting priorities.

After investigation we saw that the Dutch digital identity solution for individuals (DigiD) cannot be used for our purpose. There is another solution for companies (E-herkenning) which is pending investigation. We also started exploring the European digital identity project (eIDAS) which is in early stages, not implemented by many countries, but more investigation is pending.

4 Modernisation of RIPE NCC Access

Work continues in Q3 2022.

RIPE NCC Access (SSO) is a combination of a third-party identity provider and an application that we have developed in-house. We have several issues with the current solution, therefore we want to review the architecture and decide on what changes we can make in the future.

5  Changes in invoicing for UA and RU members

This work item was not included in the initial planning. 

We made necessary system changes for postponing payment obligations for UA and RU members.

6 Payment provider interface changes

This work item was not included in the initial planning. 

We updated our payment system accordingly to match the changes (Pay by Link) introduced by our payment provider, Adyen.

Community Input
Reference Input RIPE NCC Reaction
BA-2021-#01 Request to add a "view only" user to the LIR Portal that would allow the defined user to see all resources of the specific LIR (including RPKI) but not be able to modify anything. We'll investigate possibilities here and add a reaction when ready. As shared on the mailing list, please share your feedback with us on what you would like to see on the LIR Portal.
BA-2022-#01 Request on the mailing list to automatically add the primary LIR contact as CC: in all tickets, or to provide the ability to add additional CC:’s via the LIR Portal after the ticket has been created.

We will investigate possibilities here and add a reaction when ready.

BA-2022-#02 Request on the mailing list to have the ability to trim the CC: list of a given ticket (for example to remove ticketing systems), or the ability to add a custom tag to the email Subject: line to facilitate better ticket tracking.

We will investigate possibilities here and add a reaction when ready.

BA-2022-#03 A user raised at RIPE 84 that the mobile version of replying to tickets via the LIR portal could be improved.

Completed

We have made improvements to address the issues raised.


Q1 2022 Plans and Community Input

Plans
Item Activity Description
1 Ticketing system improvements

There were requests from the community to improve some areas of the ticketing system and have since made improvements.

2 Monitoring registry accuracy

Work continued in Q2 2022.

We are proactively monitoring changes in the business structure of our members by leveraging on external data sources (i.e. Altares Dun & Bradstreet).

3 Digital identification services

Work continued in Q2 2022.

Preliminary investigation of the use of digital identification services for the registry services workflows.

4 Modernisation of RIPE NCC Access

Work continued in Q2 2022.

RIPE NCC Access (SSO) is a combination of a third-party identity provider and an application that we have developed in-house. We have several issues with the current solution, therefore we want to review the architecture and decide on what changes we can make in the future.

Community Input
Reference Input RIPE NCC Reaction
BA-2021-#01 Request to add a "view only" user to the LIR Portal that would allow the defined user to see all resources of the specific LIR (including RPKI) but not be able to modify anything. We'll investigate possibilities here and add a reaction when ready. As shared on the mailing list, please share your feedback with us on what you would like to see on the LIR Portal.

Q4 2021 Plans and Community Input

Plans
Item Activity Description
1

GDPR: ID verification

We have started using a third-party service to improve and standardise the verification of ID documents.

2 Ticketing system improvements

Work continued in Q1 2022.

There were requests from the community to improve some areas of the ticketing system. We are analysing at the moment what is possible and have planned out improvements.

3 Monitoring registry accuracy

Work continued in Q1 2022.

We are proactively monitoring changes in the business structure of our members by leveraging on external data sources (i.e. Altares Dun & Bradstreet).

4 Improve handling of sanctioned organisations

We have re-opened the LIR Portal for sanctioned members with limited functionality. Certain actions are not permitted due to sanctions (resource requests, transfers, etc.).

5 Support for the RIPE Meeting and General Meeting

We supported the RIPE Meeting administration team and helped the General Meeting team with verifying the meeting's voters.

6 Improve our internal systems We have worked on and will continue introducing technical and security improvements to our internal systems, particularly our registry and finance software. This included protecing our systems from the log4j zero day vulnerability.
Community Input
Reference Input RIPE NCC Reaction
BA-2021-#01 Request to add a "view only" user to the LIR Portal that would allow the defined user to see all resources of the specific LIR (including RPKI) but not be able to modify anything. We'll investigate possibilities here and add a reaction when ready. As shared on the mailing list, please share your feedback with us on what you would like to see on the LIR Portal.