Tim Bruijnzeels

Dear Working Group,

We found two minor issues while 1.89 was in the Release Candidate Environment.
#1 Abuse contact information was sometimes returned incorrectly for ASNs
#2 The “Zonemaster” configuration was incorrect

We had a fix ready for the first issue and therefore we deployed release 1.89.1 to production on 22 May as planned. The fix for the second issue was deployed on 23 May.

Note that “Zonemaster” is not enabled yet in production. Although this was tested in the Release Candidate environment, and we don’t expect issues, we plan to enable “Zonemaster” in production manually, knowing that we have the option to revert without the need for a new release in case unforeseen issues are still found. We will send an announcement about this change to this working group before we do.

Kind regards

Tim Bruijnzeels
Assistant Manager Software Engineering
RIPE NCC Database Group

> On 4 May 2017, at 14:55, Tim Bruijnzeels via db-wg <db-wg _at_ ripe _dot_ net> wrote:
>

> From: Tim Bruijnzeels <tim _at_ ripe _dot_ net>
> Subject: Whois release 1.89 deployed to the Release Candidate Environment
> Date: 4 May 2017 at 14:55:51 GMT+2
> To: db-wg _at_ ripe _dot_ net
>

> Dear working group,
>
> We just deployed release 1.89 to the Release Candidate (RC) environment. If no issues are raised we plan to deploy this version to production on 22 May 2017.
>
> This release contains a number of small improvements:
>
> - Include information on who changed an object in update responses if SSO or PGPKEY is used for authentication
> - Replaced dnscheck with Zonemaster for improved domain object (and nameserver) validation
> - Fixed NRTM client bugs #279 and #294
>
> The complete list of other minor issues solved by this release can be found here:
> https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/whois/blob/master/changes.txt
>
> Kind regards
>
> Tim Bruijnzeels
> Assistant Manager Software Engineering
> RIPE NCC Database Group

Elvis Daniel Velea

2017-05-24 18:23:16 CET

Hi Tim,

I can not believe that you guys still can not fix the mailing list to show the e-mails correctly.

They currently (for the past few months) appear on an iPhone as attached :

User Image

Adam Castle

Hello Elvis,

Thanks for your comments. The RIPE NCC, with input from the working
group chairs, are currently investigating a solution for all of the RIPE
community mailing lists, which we hope will have as little negative
impact as possible on those users who do not have DMARC enabled.

We are hoping to have this solution tested and rolled out on all of our
managed lists as soon as we can and we appreciate your patience in the
meantime.

Many thanks,
Adam Castle

Web Services
RIPE NCC

>> *From: *Elvis Daniel Velea <elvis _at_ velea _dot_ eu elvis _at_ velea _dot_ eu>>
>> *Subject: **Re: [db-wg] Whois release 1.89 deployed to the Release
>> Candidate Environment*
>> *Date: *24 May 2017 at 18:23:16 GMT+2
>> *To: *Tim Bruijnzeels <tim _at_ ripe _dot_ net tim _at_ ripe _dot_ net>>
>> *Cc: *db-wg _at_ ripe _dot_ net db-wg _at_ ripe _dot_ net>
>>
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> I can not believe that you guys still can not fix the mailing list to
>> show the e-mails correctly.
>>
>> They currently (for the past few months) appear on an iPhone as attached :
>>

>> elvis
>>
>> Excuse the briefness of this mail, it was sent from a mobile device.
>>
>>> On May 24, 2017, at 06:38, Tim Bruijnzeels via db-wg <db-wg _at_ ripe _dot_ net
>>> db-wg _at_ ripe _dot_ net>> wrote:

User Image

Gert Doering

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 06:23:34PM +0200, Elvis Daniel Velea via db-wg wrote:
> I can not believe that you guys still can not fix the mailing list to show the e-mails correctly.

Thank the people that invented DMARC, consciously breaking mailing lists,
and declaring that "not our problem".

(But the NCC is working on other options)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279