News and Announcements
- ICANN 51: Continuing Global Discussion of IANA Stewardship and ICANN Accountability
The 51st ICANN meeting was held in Los Angeles, USA, from 11-16 October 2014, with questions surrounding the IANA stewardship transition and the accountability of ICANN driving much of the agenda.
- RIPE NCC Member Update: Issue 28
The RIPE NCC Member Update: Issue 28 is available for download.
- The RIPE NCC Disables SSLv3 Encryption For Its Services
The RIPE NCC disabled SSLv3 encryption for most of its services following a report last week about a bug that allows an attacker to compromise the encryption under certain conditions.
- Belgium Leads the World in IPv6 Adoption
- Executive Board Resolution on Continuity of Services to all RIPE NCC Members
- IANA Stewardship: Draft RIPE Proposal Published
An initial working draft of the RIPE community proposal on IANA stewardship has been posted to the RIPE Cooperation Working Group mailing list.
- Updated Registrations For Two Legacy /8 IPv4 Address Blocks
As part of our ongoing efforts to maintain and improve the accuracy of the RIPE Registry, we have updated the registrations concerning two legacy /8 IPv4 address blocks: 53/8 and 57/8.
- RIPE NCC to Reuse Referenced 16-bit ASNs
In accordance with the decision of RIPE Working Group Chairs, the RIPE NCC will start reassigning referenced ASNs once the pool of unreferenced 16-bit ASNs has been exhausted.
- 95th Executive Board Meeting - Summary Notes and Minutes
The RIPE NCC Executive Board held its 95th meeting on 12 September 2014.
- RIPE NCC and CENTR Hold Joint Meeting With Governments
The RIPE NCC and CENTR, the European country code top-level domain (TLD) organisation, held a meeting on Wednesday, 1 October 2014, in Brussels, Belgium, for governments and regulators to discuss issues of relevance to both the RIPE and CENTR communities.