News and Announcements
- RIPE NCC Regional Meeting in Yerevan
The RIPE NCC Regional Meeting Yerevan took place on 15 September 2015 at the Marriott Hotel Yerevan in Yerevan, Armenia. A total of 111 attendees from eight countries participated in the meeting.
- Proposal Regarding IANA Review Committee Selection Process
- NRO NC Call for Nominations 2015
There is a call for nominations from the RIPE NCC service region to fill one vacant seat on the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council (NC). The three-year term of Dmitry Kohmanyuk ends on 31 December 2015.
- The RIPE NCC Relocates Office in 2016
The RIPE NCC will move to a new office location in Amsterdam by mid-2016. We believe this move will make our organisation more efficient and will counter the limitations of our current location, solving a number of logistical challenges we've faced over the years. It will allow for an efficient work environment and will improve interaction and cooperation between departments. The new facility will offer greater flexibility to accommodate changes in function or occupancy. And we will realise lower recurring rental costs and maintenance fees over time. The result will be a comfortable, state-of-the-art and inspiring work environment that fosters health and productivity. The office is located at Stationsplein 5-7, adjacent to Amsterdam Centraal Station.
- RIPE NCC Receives /14 from IANA's Recovered IPv4 Pool
Yesterday, on 2 September 2015, the RIPE NCC and other Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) were each allocated a /14 of IPv4 address space from the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). The RIPE NCC received the IPv4 address ranges 126.96.36.199/15, 188.8.131.52/16 and 152.89/16. We are currently adding this to our available pool.
- NRO NC Election 2015: Call for Nominations
This is a call for nominations from the RIPE NCC service region to fill one vacant seat on the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council (NC).
- Dr. Rob Blokzijl Receives Prestigious Jonathan B. Postel Service Award
Dr. Rob Blokzijl, founding member and Chairman Emeritus of RIPE, received the Jonathan B. Postel Service Award today during a ceremony at the 93rd IETF Meeting in Prague.
- Pre-November 2011 MD5 Passwords for Maintainer Objects Removed on 13 July 2015
On Monday 13 July, the RIPE NCC removed all RIPE Database maintainer MD5 passwords that had not been changed since November 2011.
- 100th and 101st RIPE NCC Executive Board Meetings
The RIPE NCC Executive Board held its 100th meeting on 15 May 2015 and its 101st meeting on 16 June 2015.
- 13 July is Deadline to Update Pre-Nov 2011 MD5 Passwords for MNTNR Objects
Updating old MD5 hashes in RIPE Database