RIPE Discussion List

[ripe-list] RIPE Database Requirements Task Force – Second Draft Published

User Image

James Kennedy

2020-10-27 11:46:33 CET

Dear colleagues,

Many thanks to those who attended the BoF yesterday. To repeat our message, please take some time to read the second draft and feel very welcome to share your thoughts.

-          https://www.ripe.net/participate/ripe/tf/rdb-requirements-tf/the-ripe-database-requirements-task-force-draft-document.pdf

1.       In addition, we have noticed the most common RIPE database issues flagged by the community in both the 2019 RIPE NCC and the 2020 RDBTF surveys can be summarized into two interrelated categories: data accuracy, and ease-of-use.

2.       Suggested solutions from the community have been to enforce validation and data checks, and upgrades to the user interface and search functionality.

What do you think are the causes of these issues? Would you like our task force to address them and provide some form of guidance in our document?

Best regards,
James Kennedy

User Image

Bijal Sanghani

2020-11-26 16:19:00 CET

Dear all,

Following on from James's message below, please take some time to read the second RIPE Database task force draft and send us your feedback, either on this mailing list or to any of the task force members.

  https://www.ripe.net/participate/ripe/tf/rdb-requirements-tf/the-ripe-database-requirements-task-force-draft-document.pdf

Please also let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions on validation and data checks as per the mail below.

Kind regards,
Bijal