RIPE Academic Cooperation Initiative

[RACI-list] Hosting an Academic Day at your Institution

User Image

Gergana Petrova

Dear all,

I have a question for you. The RIPE NCC used to host in-person academic
days on various topcs such as Internet 101, Routing, the RIPE Database,
IPv6, RPKI, Internet Governance. With the current COVID restrictions we
would like to move these online.

Are any of your universities interested in such an online event? If so,
can you support us by organising and spreading the word about the
session and inviting students and we will deliver the content.

Please let me know if you are interested. We can organise these
relatively quickly. And if it does not work for you before summer, we
can do it also in fall, regardless of the COVID situation.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Gergana

--
Gergana Petrova
External Relations

Ilona Stadnik

2020-05-26 19:06:21 CET

Hi Gergana!

That’s a great initiative to move academic days online!
I’d like to have this at my university - Saint-Petersburg State University, but it’s better to move it to the fall.
Currently they are very busy with exam sessions.

Could you mark it down for future?

Best,
Ilona

> 25 мая 2020 г., в 15:52, Gergana Petrova <gpetrova _at_ ripe _dot_ net> написал(а):
>
> Dear all,
>
> I have a question for you. The RIPE NCC used to host in-person academic days on various topcs such as Internet 101, Routing, the RIPE Database, IPv6, RPKI, Internet Governance. With the current COVID restrictions we would like to move these online.
>
> Are any of your universities interested in such an online event? If so, can you support us by organising and spreading the word about the session and inviting students and we will deliver the content.
>
> Please let me know if you are interested. We can organise these relatively quickly. And if it does not work for you before summer, we can do it also in fall, regardless of the COVID situation.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
> Gergana
>
> --
> Gergana Petrova
> External Relations
> RIPE NCC

Gergana Petrova

Dear all,

You might remember that last year we switched our regular in-person
academic days online. Those are sessions between 1-2 hours long on any
(or a combination) of these topics: Internet 101, Routing, the RIPE
Database, IPv6, security (RPKI), Internet Governance.

We provide the speakers and the content, you provide the student
audience. We can either use your online platform, or we can organise a
zoom session on our end.

The typical audience is computer science students and we adapt the
content based on which year they are and what they have already studied.
We've also done sessions for law students interested in Internet basics
or Internet Governance.

Are any of you interested in helping us organise such an online event
maybe at the start or the middle of the new semester?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Gergana

--
Gergana Petrova
External Relations

Gergana Petrova

Dear all,

You might remember that last year we switched our regular in-person
academic days online. Those are sessions between 1-2 hours long on any
(or a combination) of these topics: Internet 101, Routing, the RIPE
Database, IPv6, security (RPKI), Internet Governance.

We provide the speakers and the content, you provide the student
audience. We can either use your online platform, or we can organise a
zoom session on our end.

The typical audience is computer science students and we adapt the
content based on which year they are and what they have already studied.
We've also done sessions for law students interested in Internet basics
or Internet Governance.

Are any of you interested in helping us organise such an online event?
If so, please email me! Send me some information about the students -
how many, what program; and of course which topic(s) you'd like us to
prepare.