RIPE NCC Services Working Group

[ncc-services-wg] NCC Services WG Draft Agenda - RIPE83

User Image

Bijal Sanghani

2021-11-11 18:50:20 CET

Dear all,

Below and shortly online you can find the NCC Services working group draft agenda, any additions or comments please let us know.

Best regards,
NCC Services working group chairs

==
Date: Wednesday 24 November 2021
Time: 14:30 - 15:15 and 15:30 - 16:15 CET

Chair: Kurtis Lindqvist
Co-Chair: Rob Evans, Bijal Sanghani

Part 1.

A. Administrative Matters (5 minutes)

Welcome
Select a scribe
Finalise agenda
Approve minutes from RIPE 82

	- https://www.ripe.net/participate/ripe/wg/active-wg/services/minutes/ripe-ncc-services-working-group-minutes-ripe-8 2

B. RIPE NCC Update
Hans Petter Holen, RIPE NCC (20 minutes)

C. RIPE NCC Cloud Strategy
Felipe Victolla Silveira, RIPE NCC (10 minutes)

D. RIPE Database Requirements Task Force Update
Bijal Sanghani (5 minutes)

Part 2.

E. RIPE NCC Operational Update
Felipe Victolla Silveira, RIPE NCC (30 minutes)

F. NCC Services chair selection (5 minutes)

G. Open Microphone Session (5 minutes)

Z. Any other business (5 minutes)
User Image

Hank Nussbacher

2021-11-12 08:03:59 CET

On 11/11/2021 19:50, Bijal Sanghani wrote:

Maybe this function is available and I have not found it, but I would
like for the NCC to add a "view only" user for the LIR Portal.

Currently the 4 different users one can define on a LIR account are:

Admin
The Administrator will have full access to RIPE NCC services plus the
right to manage other LIR contacts

Regular
The Operator will have full access to RIPE NCC services

Billing
The Billing user will have access to RIPE NCC billing information only

Guest
The Guest user will not be able to view any private details, but can do
some limited update requests

Can the NCC add a "View only" user, which would allow the defined user
to see all resources of the specific LIR (including RPKI) but not be
able to modify anything?

Is this the proper place to request such a change?

Regards,
Hank

> Dear all,
>
> Below and shortly online you can find the NCC Services working group
> draft agenda, any additions or comments please let us know.
>
> Best regards,
> NCC Services working group chairs
>
> ==
> Date: Wednesday 24 November 2021
> Time: 14:30 - 15:15 and 15:30 - 16:15 CET
>
> Chair: Kurtis Lindqvist
> Co-Chair: Rob Evans, Bijal Sanghani
>
> Part 1.
>
> A. Administrative Matters (5 minutes)
>
> Welcome
> Select a scribe
> Finalise agenda
> Approve minutes from RIPE 82
>
> -
> _https://www.ripe.net/participate/ripe/wg/active-wg/services/minutes/ripe-ncc-services-working-group-minutes-ripe-8
> 2_
> _
> _B. RIPE NCC Update
> Hans Petter Holen, RIPE NCC (20 minutes)
>
> C. RIPE NCC Cloud Strategy
> Felipe Victolla Silveira, RIPE NCC (10 minutes)
>
> D. RIPE Database Requirements Task Force Update
> Bijal Sanghani (5 minutes)
>
> Part 2.
>
> E. RIPE NCC Operational Update
> Felipe Victolla Silveira, RIPE NCC (30 minutes)
>
> F. NCC Services chair selection (5 minutes)
>
> G. Open Microphone Session (5 minutes)
>
> Z. Any other business (5 minutes)

User Image

Kurt Kayser

2021-11-12 16:03:49 CET

Hello Hank,

I support this request. +1

Best regards, Kurt

Am 12.11.21 um 08:03 schrieb Hank Nussbacher:
> On 11/11/2021 19:50, Bijal Sanghani wrote:
>
> Maybe this function is available and I have not found it, but I would
> like for the NCC to add a "view only" user for the LIR Portal.
>
> Currently the 4 different users one can define on a LIR account are:
>
> Admin
> The Administrator will have full access to RIPE NCC services plus the
> right to manage other LIR contacts
>
> Regular
> The Operator will have full access to RIPE NCC services
>
> Billing
> The Billing user will have access to RIPE NCC billing information only
>
> Guest
> The Guest user will not be able to view any private details, but can
> do some limited update requests
>
> Can the NCC add a "View only" user, which would allow the defined user
> to see all resources of the specific LIR (including RPKI) but not be
> able to modify anything?
>
> Is this the proper place to request such a change?
>
> Regards,
> Hank
>

>> Dear all,
>>
>> Below and shortly online you can find the NCC Services working group
>> draft agenda, any additions or comments please let us know.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> NCC Services working group chairs
>>
>> ==
>> Date: Wednesday 24 November 2021
>> Time: 14:30 - 15:15 and 15:30 - 16:15 CET
>>
>> Chair: Kurtis Lindqvist
>> Co-Chair: Rob Evans, Bijal Sanghani
>>
>> Part 1.
>>
>> A. Administrative Matters (5 minutes)
>>
>> Welcome
>> Select a scribe
>> Finalise agenda
>> Approve minutes from RIPE 82
>>
>> -
>> _https://www.ripe.net/participate/ripe/wg/active-wg/services/minutes/ripe-ncc-services-working-group-minutes-ripe-8
>> 2_
>>
>> _
>> _B. RIPE NCC Update
>> Hans Petter Holen, RIPE NCC (20 minutes)
>>
>> C. RIPE NCC Cloud Strategy
>> Felipe Victolla Silveira, RIPE NCC (10 minutes)
>>
>> D. RIPE Database Requirements Task Force Update
>> Bijal Sanghani (5 minutes)
>>
>> Part 2.
>>
>> E. RIPE NCC Operational Update
>> Felipe Victolla Silveira, RIPE NCC (30 minutes)
>>
>> F. NCC Services chair selection (5 minutes)
>>
>> G. Open Microphone Session (5 minutes)
>>
>> Z. Any other business (5 minutes)

User Image

Theodoros Polychniatis

Dear Hank, Kurt, all,

Changing the topic from the agenda to this one :)

We added this to the community input section on our business
applications roadmap:
https://www.ripe.net/support/documentation/quarterly-planning/business-applications

We'll investigate possibilities here and add a reaction when ready. In
the meantime, we would be interested to hear if this is something other
members would like to see or if there are other aspects of LIR Portal
access privileges they would like to see us consider.

You can post feedback here, on Members Discuss or to me at this address:
tpolychnia _at_ ripe _dot_ net

Best regards,

Theo

--