Database Working Group

[db-wg] converting a C class from PI to PA

Franco Tauceri

2019-12-19 11:37:33 CET

Hello.

What's the right how-to convert an existing C class from PI to PA?

According to this:
https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/ipv4/converting-pi-to-pa
"Members can request this update via the LIR Portal." ... but I was not
able to find HOW this may be done (If I try to edit the object, the
field "status" is locked, and I can't edit it anyway... while I can edit
other fields as usual)

Regards
--

 		Franco Tauceri

 		DomainRegister

 		m:
 		39.3483064202

 		w:
 		https://DomainRegister.international  e:
franco.tauceri _at_ domainregister _dot_ it
User Image

Jens Ott

don't know if this is the "right" way, but you might want to use the
"transfer" (https://my.ripe.net/#/transfers/userIdentification)

Offering party is the ORG-Object holding the PI, receiving party is the LIR.

The first transfer I did, I initiated by simply sending a mail to
hostmaster _at_ ripe _dot_ net asking to change one of my PI into PA.

BR
Jens

--
Jens Ott
Geschäftsführer

Opteamax GmbH

Simrockstr. 4b
53619 Rheinbreitbach

Tel.:  +49 2224 969500
Fax:   +49 2224 97691059
Email: jo _at_ opteamax _dot_ de

HRB: 23144, Amtsgericht Montabaur
Geschäftsführer: Jens Ott
Umsatzsteuer-ID.: DE264133989

User Image

Cynthia Revström

This is not directly related to the RIPE DB, as this is an update that
needs to be done from the RIPE NCC's side.
I assume you are an LIR, so I would suggest you contact lir-help _at_ ripe _dot_ net.

For future reference, the working group is not a support email :)

- Cynthia