NRO NC / ASO AC Election Procedure
The NRO Number Council (NRO NC) performs the role of the Addressing Standards Organization Address Council (ASO AC) within the structure of ICANN.
The ASO AC oversees recommendations on IP address policy, including the management of policy development activities, and appoints members to the ICANN Board of Directors.
The NRO NC / ASO AC is made up of three representatives from each of the five RIR service regions (for a total of 15). Two representatives are elected from each community at RIR meetings, while a third is appointed by the Executive Board of each RIR.
NRO NC / ASO AC representatives serve three year terms.
Call for Nominations
90 days in advance of the selection (done at a RIPE Meeting)
Candidates may present themselves at a RIPE Meeting and on the Address Policy Working Group mailing list. Others can express support on the mailing list or at the meeting
All members of the RIPE community who are present at the RIPE meeting at which the voting takes place may vote. According to the ASO MoU, staff of the RIPE NCC cannot be elected or vote.
- Secret ballot at the RIPE Meeting plenary
- One vote per seat to fill
- The nominee with the most votes is elected
- Open: this procedure has been discussed within the RIPE community and is published on the RIPE website
- Transparent: the process is known and takes place on public mailing lists and meetings
- Simple: process is easy to understand and to implement