Number Resource Organization
- Protect the unallocated Number Resource pool,
- Promote and protect the bottom up policy development process, and
- Act as a focal point for Internet community input into the RIR system.
- Proposal Regarding IANA Review Committee Selection Process
- NRO NC Call for Nominations 2015
There is a call for nominations from the RIPE NCC service region to fill one vacant seat on the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council (NC). The three-year term of Dmitry Kohmanyuk ends on 31 December 2015.
- Confirmed Nominees
NRO Number Council (NRO NC) Nomination Process 2015: Confirmed Nominees
- NRO NC Election 2015: Call for Nominations
This is a call for nominations from the RIPE NCC service region to fill one vacant seat on the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council (NC).
- NRO NC Nominations 2015
- Call for Comments for a Draft Internet Number Community Review Committee Charter
On 22 June 2015, the NRO published a draft of the Internet Number Community Review Committee Charter for public comment.
- NRO News
The Number Resource Organization (NRO) is a coordinating body for the five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs). The NRO takes on several joint activities on behalf of the RIRs, including technical projects, global statistics reports, Internet governance activities and global policy coordination.
- IANA Stewardship: Give Feedback on the Draft Proposal From the RIR Communities
The Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal (CRISP) team has published the first draft of an Internet numbers community proposal for the future of the IANA stewardship.
- Nurani Nimpuno
NRO NC Nomination 2014 : Confirmed Nominee : Nurani Nimpuno
- Wilfried Wöber
NRO NC Nomination 2014 : Confirmed Nominee : Wilfried Wöber
The NRO exists to:
History of the NRO
On 24 October 2003, the four existing RIRs – APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC and the RIPE NCC – entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICANN to form the NRO. Once AfriNIC was incorporated in April 2005 it signed the MoU and joined the NRO.
The NRO Number Council (NC)
Under the terms of the MoU signed between the ICANN and the RIRs in October 2004, the NRO Number Council (NRO NC) now performs the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC). The NRO NC is made up of three community representatives from each RIR region.