Skip to main content

FAQ: RACI

• Community / Academic Cooperation (RACI)
    Our research was done as a group. Will RACI sponsor more than one collaborator to come and present if our research is selected?

We are happy to have more than one person present their research together but we will only sponsor the travel, accommodation and meeting fee of one presenter. The group should select the person that will receive RACI sponsorship; the other team members will need to cover their own costs should they

Page
    My research was selected, but I cannot attend the meeting in person. Can I present remotely?

RIPE Meetings are a place for like-minded people to meet, interact, and share ideas and knowledge. Bringing academics to the meeting has a two-fold purpose: to let academics present their research and to allow for interaction between academics and the RIPE community. This is why we discourage remote

Page
    How long do I have for my talk?

You will have 15-20 minutes to present but it can vary depending on how many RACI presenters are selected for the plenary or RIPE Working Group sessions.  We will inform you of the exact duration once we have the final agenda for the meeting. Once you receive your allotted time, it is up to you to d

Page
    At what stage in my research can I present with RACI?

You can present your research at any stage. Presenting complete/published research allows you to share your conclusions with the audience. Presenting your mid-research findings gives you the opportunity to ask for input on any issues you’ve encountered and engage with the audience on any early assu

Page
    When I submit my proposal, can I submit draft slides, or should I already have the final version?

Submitting draft slides is fine. The slides should be clear and give a good overview of the research. All essential information should be present. You can, of course, still brush up the slides or add clarifying graphs/information. Remember: the better your draft slides, the better your chances of be

Page
    I currently work outside of the RIPE NCC service region. Can I still apply?

We will consider applications from outside RIPE NCC's region if your research results have specific importance and direct relevance to the RIPE NCC service region. If your application is successful, we will cover your accommodation during the meeting. You will have to arrange and pay for the flight

Page
    When will I find out if I've been selected to present?

We will inform all RACI applicants if they have been selected or not a week after the application deadline for the respective meeting.

Page
    My application has not been successful. Is there any other way for me to get involved with the community?

We offer all applicants the chance to publish their research on RIPE Labs. A lot of the publications there are academic in nature and are intended to expose research to the academic and technical community. If you would like to publish your research on RIPE Labs, please let us know.

Page
    In what language should I do my presentation?

All presentations for RIPE, MENOG and SEE meetings are in English. Submissions submitted in another language will not be considered. For ENOG meetings, you can present in either Russian or English because a live translation service is provided at these meetings.

Page
    Are there any required templates for the presentation or required number of slides?

No. You can use whatever template you want and create as many slides as you need for your allocated time slot (max. 20 minutes). You can also download and use the RIPE presentation templates - for PowerPoint and for Keynote.

Page
    Do you cover any daily costs (per diem) during the meeting?

No. The RIPE NCC will only cover your flight and accommodation. Daily expenses are not included. Your accommodation will include breakfast and lunch is provided throughout the meeting week free of charge. You can also attend all organised evening events, such as dinners and receptions, for free.

Page