RIPE NCC Training Course Material
Table of Contents
- Local Internet Registry (LIR) Training Course
The "LIR Training Course" is a one-day introduction to administrative procedures and policies related to obtaining and distributing Internet resources (i.e. IP addresses, AS numbers) and operating a Local Internet Registry (LIR).
- RIPE Database Training Course
The "RIPE Database Course" is one day practical course with lots of hands-on exercises about the RIPE Database: Creating objects, protecting your objects, querying the RIPE Database, hierarchical authorisation, reverse DNS delegation.
- Basic IPv6 Training Course
The "Basic IPv6 Training Course" is a one-day course about the need for IPv6 and includes basic information on how to plan your deployment.
- Advanced IPv6 Training Course
The “Advanced IPv6 Training Course" is a two-day course about the deployment of IPv6 and includes hands-on exercises.
- Routing Security Training Course
The "Routing Security Training Course" is an introduction course covering the Internet Routing Registry (IRR) usage, related tools and Routing Policy Specification Language (RPSL).
- DNSSEC Training Course
With this training course, you will learn how DNSSEC works and become familiar with the related procedures and tools.
- Additional information
Here you will find a list of useful links.
- Route Object Creation Flowchart - Step 1
- Route Object Creation Flowchart - Step 2
- CIDR Chart - IPv4
- CIDR Chart - IPv6
- RIPE NCC Glossary
- Course Slides
- Training Exercise: Addressing Plan with Possible Solutions
- Training Exercise: IPv6 Address Notation
- Training Exercise: Making IPv6 Assignments
- Training Exercise: Making IPv6 Assignments Answer Sheets
- IPv6 Address Types
- IPv6 Subnetting Card
- Preparing an IPv6 Addressing Plan
- Course Slides
- Routing Security Course Exercises
- Routing Security Course Exercises Solutions
- Route Object Creation Flowchart
Additional references (External links)
- RIPE Database:
- RPSL and Routing:
- Routing Policy Specification Language (RFC-2622)
- Routing Policy System Security (RFC-2725)
- Using RPSL in Practice (RFC-2650)
- Recomendations on IPv4 Route Aggregations
- An Application of the BGP Community Attribute in Multi-home Routing (RFC 1998)
- Using RPSL in Practice (RFC 2650)
- Routing Policy Specification Language next generation (RFC 4012)
- Routing Information Service Project
- Routing Registry Consistency Project
- Resource Certification: