RIPE NCC Training Course Material
Latest version: 20170119
Table of Contents
- LIR and RIPE Database Training Course
The "Local Internet Registry and RIPE Database Training Course" is a one-day introduction to administrative procedures and policies related to obtaining and distributing Internet resources (i.e. IP addresses, AS numbers), operating a Local Internet Registry (LIR) and working with RIPE Database.
- Basic IPv6 Training Course
The "Basic IPv6 Training Course" is a one-day course about the need for IPv6 and includes basic information on how to plan your deployment.
- Advanced IPv6 Training Course
The "Advanced IPv6 Training Course" is a two-day practical course about IPv6 technical details including dynamic protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- BGP Operations and Security Training Course
The "BGP Operations and Security Training Course" offers an in-depth look into Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Participants are able to reinforce the theory through practice with our interactive exercises following each topic.
- DNSSEC Training Course
The "DNSSEC Training Course" is a one-day practical training course covering how DNSSEC works and become familiar with the related procedures and tools.
- Measurements and Tools Training Course
The "Measurements and Tools Training Course" is an introductory hands-on course to RIPEStat and RIPE Atlas.
- Additional information
Here you will find a list of useful links.
- Course Slides
- Training Exercise: Addressing Plan with Possible Solutions
- Training Exercise: IPv6 Address Notation
- Training Exercise: IPv6 Address Notation Solution
- Training Exercise: Making IPv6 Assignments
- Training Exercise: Tunneling IPv6
- IPv6 Address Types
- IPv6 Subnetting Card
- IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration Timeline
- Course Slides
- Course Laboratories Appendix
- Course Database Objects Appendix
- Route Object Creation Flowchart
Additional references (External links)
- A Border Gateway Protocol 4 (RFC-4271)
- Multiprotocol Extensions for BGP-4 (RFC-4726)
- BGP-4 Implementation Report (RFC-4276)
- Experience with the BGP-4 Protocol (RFC-4277)
- Capabilities Advertisement with BGP-4 (RFC-2842)
- BGP Communities Attribute (RFC-1997)
- BGP Extended Communities Attribute (RFC-4360)
- BGP Route Reflection (RFC-4456)
- RIPE Database:
- Routing Policy Specification Language (RFC-2622)
- Routing Policy System Security (RFC-2725)
- Using RPSL in Practice (RFC-2650)
- Recomendations on IPv4 Route Aggregations
- An Application of the BGP Community Attribute in Multi-home Routing (RFC 1998)
- Routing Policy Specification Language next generation (RFC 4012)
- Routing Information Service Project
- Routing Registry Consistency Project
- Resource Certification: