News and Announcements
- Archived: IPv4 Exhaustion: RIPE NCC Update
The IANA IPv4 free pool was exhausted today, 3 February 2011. Each of the Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) has now received one of the final five /8s. The RIPE NCC has been allocated 185/8.
- Archived: RIPE NCC Receives Final /8 of IPv4 Address Space from IANA
In accordance with ripe-436, "Global Policy for the Allocation of the Remaining IPv4 Address Space", the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has today allocated the final five /8 blocks of IPv4 address space to the five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs).
- Archived: IANA Allocates Two /8s of IPv4 Space to APNIC
- Archived: RIPE NCC Resource Certification Service Launch
The RIPE NCC is proud to announce the production launch of the RIPE NCC resource certification service.
- Archived: RIPE NCC Launches Internet Resource Certification Service
Regional Internet Registries Spearhead Initiative to Improve Internet Routing Stability
- Archived: Implementation of RIPE Policy Proposal 2007-01: Phase Three
Phase Three of the policy implementation "Contractual Requirements for Provider Independent Resource Holders in the RIPE NCC Service Region" (2007-01) is scheduled to begin in mid-January 2011.
- Archived: RIPE 61 - Meeting Report
RIPE Chair Rob Blokzijl opened the RIPE 61 Meeting, welcomed the attendees to Rome and mentioned that this would be the last RIPE Meeting before the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) runs out of IPv4 addresses.
- Archived: Report from the November 2010 RIPE NCC General Meeting
The RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM) November 2010 was held Wednesday, 17 November, adjacent to the RIPE 61 Meeting, at the Westin Excelsior Hotel in Rome.
- Archived: Hans Petter Holen Elected to RIPE Seat on NRO NC
We are pleased to announce that Hans Petter Holen has been selected by the RIPE community to take the vacant seat on the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council (NC).
- Archived: Assignment of IPv6 PI to the RIPE NCC
In line with the procedure set out in RIPE Document ripe-476 - Allocating/Assigning Resources to the RIPE NCC,- the RIPE NCC asked to assign an IPv6 PI assignment to itself for their infrastructure.