News and Announcements
- Archived: Experimental RIS Announcements: RIPE NCC Internal Procedures Amended
On Friday, 27 August 2010, the RIPE NCC was involved in an experiment that lead to an unexpected impact on Internet operations.
- Archived: 2007-01 - Phase 3 Draft Procedures & Call For Feedback
As announced during the RIPE NCC Services Working Group session at RIPE 60, the RIPE NCC will provide the RIPE community with a draft procedure for Phase 3 of the policy implementation for "Contractual Requirements for Provider Independent Resource Holders in the RIPE NCC Service Region".
- Archived: Signing of the Root Zone Represents Milestone in DNS Security
The RIPE NCC announces today that the Internet has reached an important milestone with the publication of the root zone key tonight between 19:30 - 22:30 UTC. This key enables the widespread deployment of the Domain Name Server Security Extensions (DNSSEC) protocol, which the RIPE NCC has been supporting for almost two decades.
- Archived: RIPE NCC Brings DNS Security Extensions to Europe to Make the Internet Safer for Users
Global initiative by the Internet community aims to protect users against phishing and other online scams
- Archived: RIPE Labs 2.0 is Now Live
In the year since its launch, RIPE Labs has grown into a dynamic resource that allows the RIPE community to present and discuss new Internet-related tools and ideas.
- Archived: Reduction in IPv4 Allocation/Assignment Time Period
- Archived: RIPE Community Statement on the Internet Address Management System
- Archived: Rob Blokzijl Receives Royal Recognition for his Work as an Internet Pioneer
Dr. Rob Blokzijl, founding member and Chair of RIPE (Réseaux IP Européens), was made an Officer in the Order of Orange Nassau (Orde van Oranje Nassau) in an official ceremony conducted by the acting Mayor of Amsterdam, Lodewijk Asscher, on 12 May 2010.
- Archived: Nigel Titley and Remco van Mook elected to RIPE NCC Executive Board
Nigel Titley and Remco van Mook were elected by the membership to take the available seats on the Executive Board.
- Archived: RIPE NCC Operated K-Root Server Distributing Root Zone Signed with DNSSEC
K-root, one of the 13 root name servers, distributing the root zone signed with DNSSEC as part of a global deployment plan that will see all 13 root zone servers signed by 1 July 2010.