News and Announcements
- Request for trusted party to provide secondary DNS services
The RIPE NCC has undertaken a project to improve the resiliency of our DNS zones, especially ripe.net, as many of our services depend on the correct resolution of names in ripe.net. We request proposals for secondary DNS services for our main domain, ripe.net, and a small number of additional zones.
- RIPE NCC Supports Sustainability of the IETF
The RIPE NCC Executive Board proposes an annual contribution of EUR 100,000 over the next ten years (2017-2026) to support the sustainability of the IETF.
- First RIS Remote Route Collector in Africa Now Available for Peering
The RIPE NCC is pleased to announce that our first Remote Route Collector (RRC) in Africa is now available for peering. The RRC is hosted by NAPAfrica and Workonline Communications at the NAPAfrica Johannesburg Internet Exchange.
- NTIA Issues IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal Report
The transition of stewardship of the IANA functions to the global multistakeholder community has reached a significant milestone. On 9 June 2016, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) issued its assessment report on the IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal. The proposal was submitted to the NTIA in March 2016 following the ICANN 55 Meeting.
- Archived: Creating Additional LIR Accounts
The ability for RIPE NCC members to again open additional LIR accounts was confirmed at the RIPE NCC General Meeting on 27 May 2016.
- RIPE NCC General Meeting May 2016: Voting Report
At the RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM) May 2016 from 25-27 May 2016, the membership voted on four resolutions and to elect two RIPE NCC Executive Board members.
- Archived: Take the RIPE NCC Survey 2016
The RIPE NCC Survey 2016 is now online.
- RIPE NCC General Meeting May 2016
The RIPE NCC General Meeting took place from 25-27 May 2016.
- Archived: Amsterdam Office Closed During Whit Monday 2016
Our Amsterdam office will be closed on Monday, 16 May 2016 (Whit Monday). Normal office hours will resume on Tuesday, 17 May 2016.
- Archived: Amsterdam Office Closed During Ascension Day
Our Amsterdam office will be closed on Thursday, 5 May 2016 (Ascension Day). Normal office hours will resume on Friday, 6 May 2016.