News and Announcements
- 108th RIPE NCC Executive Board Meeting
- IANA Stewardship Transition Completed
On 1 October 2016, the IANA functions contract that the United States Government had with ICANN was allowed to expire. This represents the final step in the community-led IANA stewardship transition process that began in 2014. Oversight of IANA is now the responsibility of the Names, Numbers and Protocol Parameters communities that rely on its services.
- TRA Oman Hosts RIPE NCC IPv6 Workshop / RIPE NCC Members Meet in Oman
Muscat, 28 September 2016: The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) in Oman, in cooperation with RIPE NCC, held a series of IPv6 technical training workshops from 26–28 September 2016 at TRA’s headquarters in Muscat, Oman. Staff from eight private and governmental bodies participated in the workshops.
- Draft RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2017
The Draft RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2017 is now available for your review.
- RIPE NCC Receives /18 from IANA’s Recovered Pool
On 1 September 2016, the RIPE NCC and other Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) were each allocated the equivalent of a /18 of IPv4 address space from the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).
- General Meeting October 2016 – Registration Open
The RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM) will take place from 26-28 October 2016 in the Meliá Castilla Hotel in Madrid, Spain, adjacent to the RIPE 73 Meeting.
- 107th RIPE NCC Executive Board Meeting
- NRO NC Call for Nominations 2016
There is a call for nominations from the RIPE NCC service region to fill one vacant seat on the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC). The three-year term of Filiz Yilmaz ends on 31 December 2016. The election to fill this seat will take place at the RIPE 73 Meeting in Madrid, Spain in October 2016.
- Request for trusted party to provide secondary DNS services
The RIPE NCC has undertaken a project to improve the resiliency of our DNS zones, especially ripe.net, as many of our services depend on the correct resolution of names in ripe.net. We request proposals for secondary DNS services for our main domain, ripe.net, and a small number of additional zones.
- RIPE NCC Supports Sustainability of the IETF
The RIPE NCC Executive Board proposes an annual contribution of EUR 100,000 over the next ten years (2017-2026) to support the sustainability of the IETF.