News and Announcements
- 107th RIPE NCC Executive Board Meeting
- NRO NC Call for Nominations 2016
There is a call for nominations from the RIPE NCC service region to fill one vacant seat on the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC). The three-year term of Filiz Yilmaz ends on 31 December 2016. The election to fill this seat will take place at the RIPE 73 Meeting in Madrid, Spain in October 2016.
- Request for trusted party to provide secondary DNS services
The RIPE NCC has undertaken a project to improve the resiliency of our DNS zones, especially ripe.net, as many of our services depend on the correct resolution of names in ripe.net. We request proposals for secondary DNS services for our main domain, ripe.net, and a small number of additional zones.
- RIPE NCC Supports Sustainability of the IETF
The RIPE NCC Executive Board proposes an annual contribution of EUR 100,000 over the next ten years (2017-2026) to support the sustainability of the IETF.
- First RIS Remote Route Collector in Africa Now Available for Peering
The RIPE NCC is pleased to announce that our first Remote Route Collector (RRC) in Africa is now available for peering. The RRC is hosted by NAPAfrica and Workonline Communications at the NAPAfrica Johannesburg Internet Exchange.
- NTIA Issues IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal Report
The transition of stewardship of the IANA functions to the global multistakeholder community has reached a significant milestone. On 9 June 2016, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) issued its assessment report on the IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal. The proposal was submitted to the NTIA in March 2016 following the ICANN 55 Meeting.
- Creating Additional LIR Accounts
The ability for RIPE NCC members to again open additional LIR accounts was confirmed at the RIPE NCC General Meeting on 27 May 2016.
- RIPE NCC General Meeting May 2016: Voting Report
At the RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM) May 2016 from 25-27 May 2016, the membership voted on four resolutions and to elect two RIPE NCC Executive Board members.
- Take the RIPE NCC Survey 2016
The RIPE NCC Survey 2016 is now online.
- RIPE NCC General Meeting May 2016
The RIPE NCC General Meeting took place from 25-27 May 2016.