Re: thoughts on updates for obj with guarded attribute

  • To: "Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet" < >
  • From: Marten Terpstra < >
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1993 23:29:46 +0100

Marten Terpstra <Marten.Terpstra@localhost writes
 *
 * OK Wilfried,
 *
 * One thing is an error here on our behalf, the other is correct in my view.
 *
 * - error:
 * 	192.108.151 is in the ACONET guarded file twice, which explains
 * 	the duplicated ACONET in the bdrgw-l entry, this is a bug. If an
 * 	entry appears twice in the same file, we should igore one entry.
 *
 * - correct:
 * 	You did NOT include the bdrygw-l field in your entry you sent in,
 * 	so the software tells you it has added that line, which is correct
 * 	in my view.
 *
 * I will look at the error as soon as I can, probably after the IETF next week
 * .
 * Maybe Daniel will have it fixed in the mean time.
 *
 * Greetings from busy Interop,
 *
 * -Marten

OK, to respond to my own mail:

- error:

this is an error, and I know what is causing it. I will correct next
week, because testing from Houston is not too easy. The thing that was wrong
is that Ewald had this particular net twice in the same guarded file, and the
softwaree does not recognize it had already added that guarded value, so it
simply appended the same value again. This is easy to fix.

Cheers from Houston,

-Marten