[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Public contact details for anchor hosts?

Dmitry Kohmanyuk dk at hostmaster.ua
Thu Sep 19 19:03:46 CEST 2013

On Sep 19, 2013, at 7:46 PM, Vesna Manojlovic <BECHA at ripe.net> wrote:

> Dear anchor hosts,
>
> As a preparation for production service, we thought that it would be
> useful to the anchor operators if there would be a way for the RIPE
> Atlas users to report connectivity problems, or any other findings that
> come out from using your Anchor as a target.
>
> Concrete questions I have for you:
>
> - Do you want to have publicly available contact details, for the anchor
> admin & technical contacts?
>
> One idea we had is to ask all anchor hosts to keep that contact
> information in RIPE database, and let us know the nic-handle.

as a (future) anchor host, I think using RIPE database contact object is natural.

> - Would that be a practical solution for you?
> Or do you prefer to maintain these contact details on RIPE Atlas site?

on Atlas site, for each anchor there should be (list of) contacts for anchor, see above.

Creating a separate "anchor" database object in RIPE db seems excessive to me.

> Alternatively, we can also point the users to your ASN and let them find
> the contact details themselves...

this should be a field in anchor object, if such would ever exist.