[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Pilot Phase Two, and other news

Aleksi Suhonen Aleksi.Suhonen at trex.fi
Mon May 20 05:05:29 CEST 2013

Hi again,

On 03/18/2013 07:31 AM, Aleksi Suhonen wrote:
> There's been talk about adding various other services on the nodes, and
> I'm still very interested in this aspect. Has this idea also been
> considered:

> Add a RIS collector and/or *beacon* on the Atlas Anchor as a VM?

Here's another idea:

How about starting off with AS112 instances on the Anchors? Putting
K-root instances on the Anchors may feel daunting, because you can't
anticipate if the Atlas Anchor functionality and the K-root
functionality might adversely affect each other.

If the Anchor functionality has a negative effect on the AS112, no one
will care much. On the other hand, if AS112 has a negative effect on the
Anchor, it will be similar but much smaller than what the K-root would
cause.

Kind regards,

--
	+358 4567 02048 / http://www.trex.fi/
	Aleksi Suhonen / TREX Regional Exchanges Oy

     `What I need,' shouted Ford, by way of clarifying his
     previous remarks, `is a strong drink and a peer-group.'
        -- Douglas Adams, Life the Universe and Everything