[Atlas-anchors-pilot] RIPE Atlas Anchors to be Single-Service System

Vesna Manojlovic BECHA at ripe.net
Fri Aug 23 12:12:53 CEST 2013

Hi all,

On 23/08/13 11:23 , Tore Anderson wrote:
> However, this thread reminds me of a question I never got a reply to:

I'm sorry about that, it slipped from my attention/mailbox...

> * Vesna Manojlovic
>
>> Reviewing the results of our pilot phase, we came to the conclusion that
>> the best solution is to build the anchors as a single-service system
>> rather than host multiple services on the same box. Because of that, we
>> will use more modest hardware for the anchors in the next phases of the
>> project. However, we will continue to provide support for the anchors
>> you are currently using for duration of your service contract.
>
> Hi Vesna,
>
> Which service contract is that? The warranty contract we have with Dell?

Yes.

> Or the membership contract our LIR has with the NCC?

No.

Actually, that's a good question -- in the pilot, we only had members as
hosts of anchor boxes, but in the production that condition is not there
any more...

>  Better yet, give me a date. :-)

<joke>
We can have a date any time :)
</joke>

Seriously -- we would want you all to replace your Del boxes when the
support contract expires, or earlier.

If you all prefer to have a cut-of date, we can agree on that too,
buut since it would be in such far away future, I would rather not
commit to the specific date right now.

If I _have_ to give you a date, it would be 1st January 2016.

But let's talk about this with the rest of the group:
what do you guys prefer?

The actual contract expiration date, or the cut-off date from NCC side?
(if former, we will rermind you a year before, and then 6 months & 3
months before it expires...)

Regards,
Vesna