[Atlas-anchors-pilot] RIPE Atlas Anchors to be Single-Service System

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Fri Aug 23 11:23:18 CEST 2013

* Nick Hilliard

> On 22/08/2013 11:53, Wilfried Woeber wrote:
>> I am wondering whether there are benefits in swapping the hardware
>> asap and put the big box to a differnt good use.
>
> In theory this is probably a good idea for organisations who don't
> have to deal with politics (i.e. it will not apply everywhere).

Won't apply here either, not because politics per se, but more that
Dell box isn't our standard hardware model and as such it isn't very
tempting to integrate it into our own environment. Too much work for
just one server.

However, this thread reminds me of a question I never got a reply to:

* Vesna Manojlovic

> Reviewing the results of our pilot phase, we came to the conclusion that
> the best solution is to build the anchors as a single-service system
> rather than host multiple services on the same box. Because of that, we
> will use more modest hardware for the anchors in the next phases of the
> project. However, we will continue to provide support for the anchors
> you are currently using for duration of your service contract.

Hi Vesna,

Which service contract is that? The warranty contract we have with Dell?
Or the membership contract our LIR has with the NCC? Better yet, give me
a date. :-)

Tore