[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Provisional hardware specs for Atlas Anchors

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Fri Sep 7 15:41:40 CEST 2012

On 07.09.2012, at 15:18 , Nick Hilliard wrote:

> That's pretty reasonable, but a 3 year life-cycle is going to be shorter
> than most organisations' depreciation / accounting write-down periods.  For
> organisations which care about this sort of thing, this may cause problems
> because you've just upped the hardware cost of the service for them by 33%.

Three years is our write-down period and as far as I know it is mandated by the tax-man for this kind of kit in NL. I agree that it probably will last a year longer and maybe more, but we need to be sure that we will not be obligated to support kit that cannot be maintained. So would 4 years make you happy?

Daniel