[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Provisional hardware specs for Atlas Anchors

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Fri Sep 7 16:30:12 CEST 2012

On 07/09/2012 14:41, Daniel Karrenberg wrote:
> Three years is our write-down period and as far as I know it is mandated
> by the tax-man for this kind of kit in NL. I agree that it probably will
> last a year longer and maybe more, but we need to be sure that we will
> not be obligated to support kit that cannot be maintained. So would 4
> years make you happy?

sigh, depreciation is a real mess.

For corporation tax purposes, it's 8+ years in Ireland (apparently the
taxman still lives in the 1800s).  For internal company accounting
purposes, it would usually be between 3 and 6 years, depending on what the
company does, and what they feel they can reasonably justify.

INEX uses a 5y accounting depreciation period.  4Y should be reasonably
safe, but 3Y is a bit short.

Nick