Re: DANTE CERT Service

  • To: Hannes Lubich < >
  • From: Peter2 < >
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 94 13:25:10 GMT
  • Cc:
    Dave Morton < >

 >is that one of the foundations of running a CERT/CC is trust (ie.e. a customer

yes - it is also clear to me that you need an open model: security
breaches are infectious - we therefore need open, and subsidized
dissemination of alarms, problem reports and fixes, erring o nthe side
even of letting the bad guys know we know the problems....or even
occasionally leaking newly discovered security holes to new bad guys
(albeit as rarely as possible)

to this end, any organisation that takes this on should be
non-commercial and non-governmental

folks like CERN have a good record - ukerna (ex  JNT) similalry

some of the new providers do NOT exude this feel one iota....

cheers
 jon