Follow-up on Prague

  • From: "Henk Uijterwaal \(RIPE-NCC\)" < >
    < >
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:11:35 +0200 (CEST)

Dear test-box hosts and tt-wg,

Here is a bit of follow-up on TTM developments announced at RIPE40

* Web interface
===============
  As we announced at RIPE 40, we have added a web-interface to the
  series-C test-boxes (tt48 and higher).   This web interface provides
  immediate and graphical access to the data as it is being collected by
  the test-box.  To access this web-interface, go to

     http://ttXY.ripe.net:10259

  with XY the number of your test-box.  Access is restricted to the sites
  hosting the test-box, if you get an access denied error please contact
  us (tt-ops@localhost) with the IP address of the machine(s) from which
  you want to access the box.

  If you click on the "measurements" button, you will be able to see the
  incoming delays on average 5 minutes after they have been measured.
  This should allow you to investigate problems with your external
  connectivity in real time.

  If you do not have a series C test-box but like to see this feature, you
  can use one of the machine at the RIPE NCC at:

    http://tt01.ripe.net:10259

  Please let us know if you have suggestions for improving this interface.

  Note that this interface is NOT available on the older test-boxes due to
  a lack of resources.  If you own an older test-box and are interested in
  this feature, then we can discuss upgrading the hardware though.

* Summary numbers
=================
  We are now producing a page with summary numbers for all test-boxes.
  This page is available at:

    http://www.ripe.net/test-traffic/Plots/ttXY/summary.html

  with XY the number of your test-box.  In order to access this page, you
  need to use your username/password combination.

  The page shows the TTM delay & loss parameters for traffic received from
  and send to the listed test-boxes by your test-box. Each cell lists both
  the result for the above date as well as (in parentheses) the median
  value of this parameter for the last 10 days. If the two differ by more
  than 40% the background of the cell will be colored: red when the
  parameter increased, green when it decreased.

  By simply looking at the red squares, you will be able to find the
  connections that deteriorated over the last 24 hours and might require
  further investigation.

* 1u high test-boxes
====================
  We're pleased to announce that we have completed testing a 1u high
  test-box. This box offers the same functionality as the 4u high model
  but only takes 25% of the rack space.  At the moment, we are working
  out the final details with the vendor, we expect that we can start to
  offer this box in a few weeks.

If you have any questions about this, please do not hestitate to contact
us,

Kind regards,

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                    Email: henk.uijterwaal@localhost
RIPE Network Coordination Centre     WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
Singel 258                         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1016 AB Amsterdam                    Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands                   Mobile: +31.6.55861746

As long as you don't tell your friends how I played the hand,
then I won't tell my friends how you defended it.                 (Anonymous)