GPS antenna's and interfaces

  • From: "Henk Uijterwaal \(RIPE-NCC\)" < >
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 16:49:37 +0200 (CEST)

Dear test-box hosts,

Several sites have asked if the GPS receivers and interfaces for our
latest series of test-boxes could be bought seperately, either for other
experiments or to upgrade an existing (Motorola) receiver with receiption
problems.

Unfortunately, the first Trimble antennas that we received from the
manufacturer, occasionally locked-up.  Trimble solved this problem for us
by replacing them with a later version of the antenna.

So, we are now confident that we can sell you a working product, so we've
decided to make the antennas and interfaces available as well.

There are 2 options:

* Trimble Antenna, 6m cable and interface board will be Euro 1000.
  The cable can be extended to 300 m with regular CAT-5 cable.

  For details on the Trimble, see
  http://www.trimble.com/products/catalog/timing/acutime2000.htm

* Interface board only Euro 200.

These prices do not include shipping and taxes.  They also apply to small
series of antennas or interfaces only, as we do not want to become a
Trimble distributor.  For larger numbers of antennas, we can point you to
a local Trimble distributor.

If you have a _WORKING_ Motorola receiver for which you have no use after
upgrading, you can return it to us and we'll give you a 200 Euro discount.

Finally, do not consider upgrading just for the sake of upgrading.  As far
as the test-traffic measurements are concerned, both receivers can produce
equally good result and there is no gain in upgrading a receiver that
works fine.  When in doubt, just ask us if this would make sense.

To order, simply send an email to tt-ops@localhost with your contact
details.

Kind regards,

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                    Email: henk.uijterwaal@localhost
RIPE Network Coordination Centre     WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
Singel 258                         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1016 AB Amsterdam                    Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands                   Mobile: +31.6.55861746

As long as you don't tell your friends how I played the hand,
then I won't tell my friends how you defended it.                 (Anonymous)

  • Post To The List: