Re: Access to RIPE-TT data from third parties (fwd)

  • From: "Henk Uijterwaal \(RIPE-NCC\)" < >
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:03:04 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE-NCC) wrote:

> I suggest to do 2 things.
>
> The plots section of the TTM pages will be split into 3 sub-sections:
>
> A) A general section, explaining what is show in the plots and other
>    documentation, but no real data.  This section will not be password
>    protected.
>
> B) A test-box-host section, containing all data that is currently
>    available.  This section will be password protected with a password
>    that is made available to the TB-hosts, but may not be passed on.
>
> C) N sections for the customers of a specific site, containing only
>    plots from and to a certain test-box. This is a subset of (B).  The
>    TB-hosts can ask for a reasonable number of password/username
>    combinations for their customers.
>
> Before a customer gets the password for (C), he will be asked to sign a
> data-disclosure agreement.

In the meantime, another site asked for the opposite case: they don't mind
people seeing plots from their site to the rest of the world, but also
like to install a few test boxes to measure on their own networks only and
NOT publish those results.

If we do (C) right, we can deal with all cases with 1 mechanism.
However, before implementing it, I'd like to know if people can imagine
more realistic cases that we'd should consider.  Please mail your comments
to the list, I'll collect them and come up with a proposal for
implementation in a week or two.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                    Email: henk.uijterwaal@localhost
RIPE Network Coordination Centre     WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
Singel 258                         Phone: +31.20.535-4414,  Fax -4445
1016 AB Amsterdam                   Home: +31.20.4195305
The Netherlands                   Mobile: +31.6.55861746

A man can take a train and never reach his destination.
                                               (Kerouac, well before RFC2780).