Config Run on Sunday, April 23 1000EDT

  • To:
  • From: Elise Gerich < >
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 18:19:23 -0400
  • Cc:

Merit has rescheduled the configuration run which was postponed on
Friday, April 21, 1995 for Sunday, April 23 at 1000 EDT.  The originally
scheduled configuration window was postponed because the configuration
file for ENSS 147 (MAE-East) exceeded 17MB and was corrupt.  We had
to allocate more filesystem space in order to generate a complete
configuration and in addition we worked with ASes 293, 297, 568,
1800 and 3561 to reduce the number of net lists contained in the
configuration file.  The result is a configuration file of a more
reasonable size (9.9MB).

The additional activity which was planned for April 21, 1995 was
to disable peering sessions between AS 690 and others at the following
ENSSes:
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
137
139
140
141
142
143
145
This activity has been rescheduled for 0700 EDT on Tuesday, April 25, 1995.
Several organizations have taken the initiative to reduce their dependence
on the NSFNET Service even though we had to postpone the planned configuration
today.  Thank you all for taking those actions independently.

         --Elise