Ripe support to eastern Europe.

  • To:
  • From: Peter Lothberg < >
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 92 13:36:50 MET DST

Dear Ripe members...

The document, wich I pass along some parts of, seems to be a proposal to
get money to extend the connectivity in eastern Europe.

I'm a naive user, living in a remote place of the earth called Sweden, but
I have the posibilities of sending E-mail, getting NETnews, do remote login
to exotic places like the Ripe NCC in the Netherlands. I sometimes receives
mail from the UK, Japan, Estonia and Russia.

I really don't knew how, but it works. Last week I learned about audio-
conferencing, a great tool to speed up cooperative work among users on
different locations.

Well, the wole paper I found, did not say a word about that, they talk about
X25, X400 and X500, wich I don't knew what it stands for.

The people in the room next to me talks about RFC-822, multicast-routing and
BGP-4. I don't knew what that is either...

But I can read my mail, talk to remote computers and all I needed basically
came with my PC.

So, why are not Ripe and others that really makes Europe comunicate mentioned
in this proposal??!

I suggest that Ripe submitts a request for resources from the CEC to extend
the user-functionality I have to the rest of europe.

Globally connected networks should be a human right!

-Peter