RIPE NCC new structure update

  • To:
  • From: Paul Ridley < >
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 20:12:27 +0200

Dear contributors,

On the 17 July I sent out a question to this list regarding Executive Board
powers in the new RIPE NCC organisation. This mail focussed on the balancing
of operational influenec and knowledge of the EB members against ensuring
that the NCC remains neutral and confidential in its dealing with individual
ISPs. You were presented with three options as to ways of organising this.
I proposed that option 2 be chosen since it seems to be by far the most
responsible option for all parties concerned.

Up to and including today I have received zero comments and thus conclude
that the consensus of opinion is that we choose option 2.

Therefore option 2 has been included in the de-facto organisationl rules
for the new RIPE NCC. This can be seen in the revised version of ripe-156,
which has been published today. This new document ripe-161 has also
incorporated the consensus of opinon formed electronically on this
mailing list, and verbally at the RIPE meeting in Dublin. Thank-you
to all those would have added their comments during this process.

Once again just to clarify; ripe-161 has now superceded ripe-156.

I will give you another update shortly to keep you abreast of the progress
in other areas of the new structure process.

Regards

Paul Ridley