SIRCE Funding Message

  • To: NCC Contributors < >
  • From: Daniel Karrenberg < >
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 13:23:44 +0100
  • Cc: Reseaux IP Europeens < >

Dear Contributor,

The RIPE NCC has proposed to execute a pilot project to provide Security
Incident Response Coordination in Europe (SIRCE) starting in early 1997.
In the past this has sometimes be called the Euro-CERT.  We made this
proposal assuming that there is a need for such a service among the
European ISPs, i.e. the current customers of the RIPE NCC.  Now that
the proposal has been published as document ripe-150, we ask you to
examine it and to commit a financial contribution to the pilot in 1997.
The benefits for those contributing include:

	- Preferred Service
	  Non-paying customers will only receive service if there is
	  no outstanding work for paying customers.

	- Influence
	  Paying customers will determine the general direction,
	  the policies and the services of SIRCE.

	- Credit
	  The level of your contribution will be publicly acknowledged.

The minimum contribution is ECU 500 and there is no maximum.
As explained in the proposal we are looking for an average contribution
around ECU 1000.  The contributions will be invoiced once the project
has definitely started.  If the project is oversubscribed the amounts
invoiced will be reduced pro rata.  Should there be insufficient
commitments to fund the project, we will withdraw our proposal.  The
deadline for contributions is November 27th 1996.  Until then we will
regularly publish the commitments already made.

Please use the form below to make commitments and pass this message on
to those who might be interested to participate.  Of course I will be
happy to answer any questions you may have.

With thanks in advance for your support

Daniel Karrenberg

------

%START

%FORM [sirce9601]

I herby commit to contribute the ECU amount indicated to the
SIRCE pilot project as defined in ripe-150 and the documents
it refers to. I confirm that I have authority to commit
my organisation for this contribution. I expect to be invoiced
for this contribution as soon as the project will have started.

Please put information between the brackets.

Please give your full name.

%NAME [ ]

Please give your position in the organisation.

%POS [  ]

Specify the registry ID of your organisation if it has one.

%REGID [ ]

If you have *not* specified a registry ID above, please give the
full organisation name and billing address. We will contact
you for more details if necessary.

%ORGNAME [ ]

%ADDRESS [ ]

Committed amount in ECU. Minimum is ECU 500. Excludes VAT where applicable.

%AMOUNT [ ]

Any billing reference that you may wish to be mentioned on the invoice.

%BILLREF [ ]

%END