Re: Proposal Regarding Signup Fees

  • To: "Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet" < >
  • From: Daniel Karrenberg < >
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 15:19:53 +0100
  • Cc:

  > "Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet" woeber@localhost writes:

  >   After reading through the supporting text I think this is a very
  >   reasonable approach.

Thank you.

  >   The only comment I'd like to make is that we ALL should still try to
  >   promote the idea of charging a signup fee as constituting a reasonable
  >   investment for obtaining high quality training, instead of letting slip
  >   in the feeling for a one-time tax imposed by the network gods.

Exactly. I am very conscious about spending the sign up fees on
training activities only and nothing else. Anne Lord and Mirjam Kuehne
are currently starting this activity and we will use the signup fee
funds to get external help in order to accelerate this.

  >   Also, I feel that this proposal is well in line with the EUnet
  >   arrangement.

As always you are a very competent and alert obeserver ;-).

Daniel