Re: ERX TF - Process

  • To: leo vegoda <
  • From: Rob Evans <
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:12:54 +0100
  • Cc: ERX Task Force <

I apologise if this is a silly question, but when the ERX project was
first mooted, I believe the suggestion was that for each of the /8s with
"legacy" information, the delegation would be held by the
nameservers of the RIR with the most assignments within that /8.

From this proposal, it seems as though the information for each bit of
legacy space will be held in the RIR local to the holder of the address
space (which makes perfect sense).  Is this right, or have I
misunderstood?  Does this mean that the files will be
composed of information from each of the databases?

E.g. assuming I (in the RIPE region) have, and the
majority of space in is held by ARIN.  I assume I will have
to create a object in RIPE, and this will be used
by ARIN to create the zone.  Is this the plan?

Or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick? :)  (I'm just
trying make sure I understand ready for the number of our users with
such legacy space.)