Re: [afnog] ARIN to allocate from 74/8 & 75/8

  • To: Randy Bush <

  • From: Todd Underwood <

  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:49:20 -0400
  • Cc: Leslie Nobile <
    >,

randy, all,

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 10:37:13AM -1000, Randy Bush wrote:
> > Connectivity testing is currently being done by Team Cymru on the following
> > three /20s (one from each /8).  All of these test allocations originate with
> > AS36666.
> >
> > 74.63.0.0/20
> > 75.127.0.0/20
> > 76.191.0.0/20
>
> and how is that testing being done?

look in the routing tables of routeviews/ripe/cymru/renesys peers?

> how do we test that we can reach the prefixes?

look in your routing table?

> i.e. is there a pingable address in each, as has been
> discussed here just a few times?

ping is ok, but routing table entry existence seems better. ping can
fail for lots of reasons and what we're really testing is routing, not
icmp end-to-end, right?

if it's useful, i'd be happy to report what percentage of my peers
have/don't have routes to these prefixes.

todd