Methyl Parathion - E605

  • From: "Stastny Richard" < >
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:12:54 +0100
  • Cc: < >

Dear list,

Nic.at and the Austrian ENUM Trial Platform,

considering,

-the potential confusion caused by establishing e164.at and apologizing
for this,

-that "I am confused" in ITU-T speak means "You are talking bull****",

-that we really intended to set up a domain for testing an debugging
purposes and had
nothing else in mind,

wondering,

-what other people thought we had in mind

-that the enum-trials@localhost is considered by some members as
official TSB/ITU-T/IAB/IETF annoncement list
(maybe a clarification on the list could help here that the list is
informal),

decided,

-to remove this potential confusion immediatly by:

-taking e164.at out of service and

-establishing the same service in e605.at.

The service is already up and running, the registration and provisioning
is available as
before on enum.nic.at/registrar/

Rationale:

-we still consider the service as useful,

-the service was requested by our designers and developers,

-in principle anybody can set up such a service in any domain,

-such services have been set up in many domains (Patrik) with names like
enum and e164,

-so why NOT one more?

-this is currently the only one (beside 3.4.e164.arpa) compliant to ETSI
TS 102 172,

-but we choose to use a different name - avoiding labels like "e164" or
"enum", because they may confuse,

-searching for a short (4 letter or digit) label, discarding some
proposals made like "foo", "bar" and "yoda",

-hoping that starting with the letter "e" is not considered harmful be
the list members,

-no ITU-T rec. E.605 exists and if, cannot be considered as confusing
with numbering

-the label should make some sense

-finally decided to use e605

Definition:

E605 is a synonym for debugging.

E605 is used for short for Methyl Parathion.

What is methyl parathion?
(Pronounced meth'ul par'ah-thie'on)

"Methyl parathion is an insecticide that does not occur naturally in the
environment. Impure methyl parathion is a brownish liquid that smells
like rotten eggs.

Methyl parathion is used to kill insects on farm crops, especially
cotton. The EPA now restricts how methyl parathion can be used and
applied; only trained people are allowed to spray it."

In addition not to overload the esteemed members of the ripe-list with
technical details of debugging provisioning tools,
enum-clients and enumservices, we decided to set up a separate list for
this purposes.

So the last time you will hear from e605.at will be the annoncement of
the new mailing list.

Best regards

Richard STASTNY
OeFEG/Telekom Austria